The Dominican Republic Delightful People.

G

George

Thought you may like to read this one. Click link below to read it.

K

Kathy

That is amazing! The Dominican people are truly genuine and nice people. Doesn't everything just seem so simple over there?
Thanks

J

Jack

This couple's experience in getting directions is just the opposite of my experience.
I honestly believe a Dominican will not admit he doesn't know the answer to your question and will send you off on a wild goose chase, itentionally or unintentionally

M

Marilyn

A Dominican will never send you in the wrong direction intentionally, they are just so willing to help that they unknowingly give you wrong information in their eagerness to be helpful, and that's not only with the tourists, I am Dominican, but since I've lived in the US most of my life I don't know my way around, so I'm always asking directions and they are always given with a smile, sometimes they'll even put one of the children in the car with you to direct you to where you're going, it's happened to me!!!

E

Ed and Mame

We do agree with Marilyn's comments on that subject. We might add that "mistakes" are made mainly because of language barriers.
Since it's THEIR country, it's up to us who visit there to learn THEIR language. If a foreigner comes to US, it's their responsibility - out of courtesy - to learn OUR language. Fair is fair ... If the whole world had a universal language, no one, anywhere, would have language problems; however, this is not the case, so people should be language-prepared before visiting any country. If you don't ask a question properly, in that country's native tongue, you can hardly expect to understand the answer you are given and you cannot expect the person you asked the question to to understand your question in the first place! It works both ways - however, just wanted to say that language is a priority. Learning it will make your visit much more enjoyable to both you and your "host."

-Ed and Mame-