Moving Company Here in Santo Domingo?

Jenny429

Oct 10, 2005
I feel a LITTLE silly.. asking only because I have never seen such a "company" but I've come from the campo, so maybe I just haven't looked well here.. Wondering if there is such a thing? We used a lovely open up red truck.. hiatsu? not a real Pickup truck but not a big truck at all. Things got here ok from Barahona but a little bumped up, etc.. We are moving for the LAST time (I hope) to Santiago next month... Is there anything out there as a moving company? Enclosed truck option? Or is it just using "friends" that is the only way to get it done?

Thanks everyone.. :)
Jen

I will be moving Santo Domingo to a Campo outside Santiago

La Profe_1

Moderator: Daily Headline News, Travel & Tourism
Oct 15, 2003
Tecni-Taxi is in Santo Domingo, I believe. They have a truck division called Tecni-Carga. It would be worth a telephone call to Tecni-Taxi to ask. In Puerto Plata, the same number serves the taxis and the trucks.

Rainwater

Jan 23, 2013
Jen, I used the Moving division of Apolo Taxi.... Apolo Carga. They were excellent. Did all the setting up by phone. We didn't know each other from Adam (no friend/wife/cousin intro song and dance), and lo and behold, they were on time, professional, and not one thing broken. It was an in-town move, they were very careful with packing and conveying. Hope this helps and good luck with your move!!

~Namaste Shalom~

Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004
Do not send any small valuables with the ANY movers. Carry them yourselves.

The most reliable moving company can have people working for them who will steal any item of value they can easily conceal.

MpJuly

Apr 30, 2009
never use LG INTERNATIONAL MOVERS S.A.

I feel a LITTLE silly.. asking only because I have never seen such a "company" but I've come from the campo, so maybe I just haven't looked well here.. Wondering if there is such a thing? We used a lovely open up red truck.. hiatsu? not a real Pickup truck but not a big truck at all. Things got here ok from Barahona but a little bumped up, etc.. We are moving for the LAST time (I hope) to Santiago next month... Is there anything out there as a moving company? Enclosed truck option? Or is it just using "friends" that is the only way to get it done?

Thanks everyone.. :)
Jen

I will be moving Santo Domingo to a Campo outside Santiago