Best Vet

flopsy

Jul 6, 2010
Can someone please recommend a good vet in the Sosua area for spaying of 2 bitches thank you!

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Can someone please recommend a good vet in the Sosua area for spaying of 2 bitches thank you!

Dr. Bob next to Judy's Pet Lodge.
Judy - 809-571-1167
http://www.aaasosua.com/
info@aaasosua.com

MpJuly

Apr 30, 2009
2 bitches ! you want to say two female dogs

Clinica Veterinaria Dr. De La Cruz
km5, Sosua, Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic
(809) 256-8222

flopsy

Jul 6, 2010
I would try this one first.....

Oh dear, this is the dilemma, I think it's down to personal preference, I'm just glad everybody is recommending both vets, all must have had good experiences, we just all want the best for our pets!

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
I'd recommend Dr Bob, I tried to get a distemper shot froma vet who is locally trained and schooled and he didn't see any need to do so. Dr Bob understands the Girngo mindset that these things are important to us. He speaks English as well as Spanish and his native German (I believe).
Der Fish

And treats humans on Thursday afternoons..... needy humans.

Worked in Africa, I believe

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
I would go to STI, cheaper and a hell of a lot better...

Dr Bob... small Dominican dog... 6000rds... needed 3 days to recover
STI... much larger Border Collie... 3750rds... was up and "running" the same evening

BelgianK

Aug 21, 2007
WW....he no longer runs clinics for the poor on Thursdays, and he didn't do the "treating" of humans. He had a registered doctor from Haiti who consulted with patients. He was just providing the site. He previously worked in Columbia as a Peace Corps volunteer, then years in Haiti before settling here in the DR.

Just wanted to clear up some misconceptions.

Lindsey

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
WW....he no longer runs clinics for the poor on Thursdays, and he didn't do the "treating" of humans. He had a registered doctor from Haiti who consulted with patients. He was just providing the site. He previously worked in Columbia as a Peace Corps volunteer, then years in Haiti before settling here in the DR.

Just wanted to clear up some misconceptions.

Lindsey

OK LK, sorry.

The Thursday that I was there he was the only one...... helped an undernourished old lady w/ a protein shake and an IV..... turned away a cancer victim.... among other things while he and I were addressing my dog's dislocated hip.

I'll never forget it...... I got to pass the line..... I had an animal AND I was a paying customer.

I think I posted it at the the time.

I'm not disagreeing with you....... just describing my singular Thursday afternoon.
I steered clear of Thursdays after that:laugh:

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
spaying is a simple procedure. Been to both Dr. Bob and de la cruz. I used de la cruz for simple problems. Dr. Bob is much more expensive and a more highly trained vet and is excellent for obscure or complicated circumstances. De la Crua did just fine for me 99% of the time.

santa110xyz

Oct 25, 2005
I would go to STI, cheaper and a hell of a lot better...

Dr Bob... small Dominican dog... 6000rds... needed 3 days to recover
STI... much larger Border Collie... 3750rds... was up and "running" the same evening

BelgianK

could you name/direction of the Vet in STI please.

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
could you name/direction of the Vet in STI please.

You can look them up... I have the numbers, and know how to drive there, but always forget the streetname. They are about 300 meters from the monument, in the area behind the restaurant "Punta del Sol?".

Haciendaurbana.com

The vet is Gisselle Santos, and she speaks perfect English as well.

BelgianK

BostonMary

May 18, 2002
We use Dr Sanchez in POP. The only thing is that she is the vet for Ocean World and is only in her office after 2:00 pm