Looking for American Notary in DR

caribeman

Dec 26, 2011
Enjoy meeting new people/cultures
Trying to effect some US Banking documents for my Father and need to find a DR based gringo who can help. Chase will not accept the documents with a foreign notary(duh! on my part). Can someone give a referral in PM for someone between Rio San Juan and Santiago and all in between?

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
There used to be on in Perla Marina in Cabarete, but unfortunately I don't have the contact information.

Jan 9, 2004
Trying to effect some US Banking documents for my Father and need to find a DR based gringo who can help. Chase will not accept the documents with a foreign notary(duh! on my part). Can someone give a referral in PM for someone between Rio San Juan and Santiago and all in between?

I am afraid that the answer is the embassy/consulate/consul/military bases.

Notaries jurisdictions to notarize are only valid in the jurisdictions in which they are a notary.

By way of example, a New York notary cannot go to New Jersey and legally notarize a document there. However, a document that is generated in New Jersey and is being signed in New York in front of a New York notary is valid.

Special rules apply to our embassies, consulates, consular officers, military bases etc.

You may well find a regular notary willing to do it, and it may well suffice for the bank....but it is NOT valid....and if discovered would cause the notary to lose his/her commission and future problems with the party/parties that discovered the invalid document.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2