No Pizza Hut buffalo wings?

Koreano

Bronze
Jan 18, 2012
The other day I ordered one super superema and tried to order buffalo wings. She said no wings. Is this true? No wings? Have anyone tried their Alitas? I need feedback as I will be ordering tomorrow to watch super bowl commercials.

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
Yes but they are not hot, and pretty skinny little things. I had them a while back, but not up to much.

Koreano

Bronze
Jan 18, 2012
Forget what I have asked. Talking pizza gave me craving for one. Asked for alitas but nope they didn't have any...

Great advertising offer wings for 190 pasos and when ask for one say you don't offer wings...

May 29, 2006
Frying the wings is easy. It's finding Frank's RedHot that's the hard part. I make my own sauces, but I don't think they are easily sourced in the DR. One of my easier sauces is 1/2 generic Hot Sauce with 1/4 Soy and 1/4 Salsa Ingles with some garlic. Use about 2oz sauce per pound of wings.

bronzeallspice

Live everyday like it's your last
Mar 26, 2012
You said it,the best hot sauce is Frank's RedHot,that's the one I use.I bring my own
from the states as I haven't seen it in the DR.

May 29, 2006
My current wing sauce is half Tapitio and half Kikioman Garlic Scallion. I buy the Tapitio at Walmart in quart bottles and go through about a half gallon a year. But Frank's is the only sauce to use to call them Buffalo Wings.

Use to be wings were sold to make stock out of. Now they cost as much as boneless/skinless breasts.

bronzeallspice

Live everyday like it's your last
Mar 26, 2012
Yes! Especially during the summer months wings are quite expensive.They have become quite popular
for barbecues.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
I use El Yucateco Kutbil-ik Salsa de Chile Habanero for my wings.

El Yucateco Xxxtra Hot Sauce: Salsa Kutbil-ik de (Mayan Recipe) | | Heat in the HeartlandHeat in the Heartland

Sautee eight cloves of diced garlic in a stick of butter. Add several dashes of Worcestershire Sauce. A tablespoon of sugar. Three tablespoons of the habanero sauce. That's enough for about 2-3 dozen wings.

I strongly suggest you post these habanero wings being prepared, bring the tablet into the kitchen.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
my favorite hot sauce....and it is REALLY hot is made by El Yacateco. I get the red one Chile Habanero. I bring it with me to most restaurants even here in the US and i always bring some with me in the DR.

Franks is tasty...tho quite mild...where just a few drops of this stuff will have you singing a different tune in no time!

My dominican friends freak out when i put hot sauce and pepper on nearly every thing i eat!

@ pollo - Are you jrzyguy?

Dec 26, 2011
I strongly suggest you post these habanero wings being prepared, bring the tablet into the kitchen.

No wings here currently, sorry.

No, I'm not jrzyguy. Don't know him. I vaguely remember something with him and waterfalls around Boca Chica.

LOL

Just saw his post. They make a neon red and a neon green sauce. I prefer the Kutbil-ik. It's not a pretty color but it tastes amazing.

Last edited:
Dec 26, 2011
Unlike jrzyguy, the Yucateco's not my everyday sauce. Too hot. I much prefer Sriracha and Sambal Oelek. My gf's hooked on them too now.

May 29, 2006

Yeah, wings are almost $2.70/pound at US supermarkets, up from about $2 a year ago. Meanwhile most produce is more expensive than that. The restaurant chains all contract far ahead of time so they prob still pay under $2/pound and they get up to a buck per wing. Some places have kept the price of wings the same, but have made the celery and bleu cheese dressing extra.

Boneless "wyngs" balance things out. Chicken breast is cheaper now than it was 10 years ago.

When I make chicken fingers from scratch, I soak chicken strips in buttermilk/milk for up to 24 hours then dredge it in a 50/50 mix of crushed Corn Flakes and seasoned Bisquik. Cut the breast to no thicker than 3/4" and pound them out lightly before soaking them.

Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004
Spit Take

"(Apparently, along with their contributions to mathematics, architecture, and astronomy, the Mayans also proved to be ahead of their time for using acetic acid, sodium benzoate and xanthan gum in their sauce recipes.)"

:laugh:

spls.gif

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
http://www.dr1.com/forums/living/113532-proper-nutrition-photo-essay.html#post954594

ReadyIII.jpg

I never tried coating them in corn starch first. Will try that next batch.

One thing I do that helps "plump" even skinny wings immensely is "brine" them in cold water for at least 12 hours before. Hooters does this. Makes them much more juicy and allows longer frying time.

I have at least 5 extra bottles of Franks here if anyone is interested.

May 5, 2007
http://www.dr1.com/forums/living/113532-proper-nutrition-photo-essay.html#post954594

ReadyIII.jpg

I never tried coating them in corn starch first. Will try that next batch.

One thing I do that helps "plump" even skinny wings immensely is "brine" them in cold water for at least 12 hours before. Hooters does this. Makes them much more juicy and allows longer frying time.

I have at least 5 extra bottles of Franks here if anyone is interested.

Damm, now I have to get take out. Bottle of Bleu Cheese and you're all set for the game