Dress code for medical exam/bank appointment

Alltimegreat

Nov 16, 2012
I've got my medical exam coming up and I'm planning to open a bank account on the same day. Can anyone tell me the dress code for this? Would it look bad to wear blue jeans (with a nice collared shirt and dress shoes)? Or would it be best to wear dark dress pants? Thanks for any advice.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Dark dress pants, LONG sleeved dress shirt with tie, dress shoes, with socks.
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
You can stop at the "Cathedral" on your way home!

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Dark dress pants, LONG sleeved dress shirt with tie, dress shoes, with socks.
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
You can stop at the "Cathedral" on your way home!
I used to mentor inner city youth about how to prepare for a job interview.
I told them to go the day before, and see how the people who worked at the company dressed, then dress like they do.
I told them to be on time, which was a POSSIBILITY, because they would already know where to go.
That would be a mute point here, because no matter what time they arrive, they will still have to wait for the "HR" person to show up!

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
I've got my medical exam coming up and I'm planning to open a bank account on the same day. Can anyone tell me the dress code for this? Would it look bad to wear blue jeans (with a nice collared shirt and dress shoes)? Or would it be best to wear dark dress pants? Thanks for any advice.

Blue jeans (not the ripped, dirty, dingy type), collared shirt, and dress shoes will be just fine for both medical and bank.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Years ago, we had a July appointment for our cedula/residencies......... July, hot.

I dressed well enough , linen shorts (my best ones) and so on.
The lawyers' office was polite, but slightly aghast at the shorts. It seems one of the gov't bldgs (still don't know which one) forbids shorts for men and open toed shoes for women.

The young lawyer assigned to us went to his trunk and pulled out a pair of his jeans for me......... the beat-up, holes in the knees kind - which happened to fit
You gotta be kidding me --- these things works and my zippy shorts won't???? He was right.

I tried to keep those cool jeans but he wouldn't part w/ them.

That was my introduction to the Dominican system.

Just wear long pants......... and shoes. collared shirt would be a nice touch.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i admit to wearing flip flops everywhere, including banks and government offices. paired with a low cut dress. i do not think people notice i even have feet, let alone what shoes i wear...
miesposo does jeans, dress shoes and a polo.

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
Well DV, things are perhaps just a little more laid back on the coast? In most of the government builidngs, women are not allowed to wear short sleeves. Not to say that they have rules about covering the CHEST.. but the arms, evidently are too erotic and would distract the gubmint employees from their tasks. I always carry a jacket with me. Of course, it will be cotton and prbably hopelessly beneath the wrinkle standard. But I do not go to the bank or even really out of my apartment .. except to just toss the trash onto the sidewalk the way the rest of the neighborhood seems to do.. unless I am properly dressed....... keeping up with the dress code in San Domingue is almost a full time job.

My nails are almost always a failure. For some reason, I always seem to look like I have just come back from digging potatoes.

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
This country needs to remember where it is, the Caribbean for gods sakes and relax with the dress code. Hell, we occasionally use the gym on the military base (although admittedly the Mrs more than me) and women are not allowed to wear shorts........................................................................in a gym!!!!

Rainwater

Jan 23, 2013
After schlepping all the way to Biblioteca del Congreso to do some research one day, I was turned back for wearing nice open-toed shoes and black clamdigger length slacks. (I'm also not entirely sure that the USA flag pin on my bag helped. LOL!) Apparently, pink toes and calves are an affront to the honor of that unimpeachable body. :::cough!!:::

When i bum around in flip flops and shower wet hair, my fellow mujeres give me a dirty up and down "how dare you? Eew curly wet hair!" look.

Oh and I've learned that banks do not like the sunglasses+baseball cap look!

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
No bank in the world will allow sunglasses and baseball caps any more........ bad for the video.

And ski masks are definitely verboten .....

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
After schlepping all the way to Biblioteca del Congreso to do some research one day, I was turned back for wearing nice open-toed shoes and black clamdigger length slacks. (I'm also not entirely sure that the USA flag pin on my bag helped. LOL!) Apparently, pink toes and calves are an affront to the honor of that unimpeachable body. :::cough!!:::

When i bum around in flip flops and shower wet hair, my fellow mujeres give me a dirty up and down "how dare you? Eew curly wet hair!" look.

Oh and I've learned that banks do not like the sunglasses+baseball cap look!
It happened to me only once - at the JCE in La Feria. I was very respectably dressed but my linen blouse had no sleeves. Meanwhile Dominican ladies wearing very low cut tops with flab bulging out in all directions were allowed in, because after all they did have sleeves.

Dec 26, 2011
It happened to me only once - at the JCE in La Feria. I was very respectably dressed but my linen blouse had no sleeves. Meanwhile Dominican ladies wearing very low cut tops with flab bulging out in all directions were allowed in, because after all they did have sleeves.

Even their chichos have chichos.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Clam diggers --- thats an old one.

Did 'pedal pushers' come before or after 'clam diggers' - or is it a regional thing?
Like when there are no clams, you push pedals?

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Where I worked, the "Big Guys" never took off their suit coats, even outside in the sun.
I sweated like a whore in church till I got used to it.
Better to be "Over Dressed" here in the DR!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
And I STILL say, "No Jeans" during business hours, at night, weekends, "OK".

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Khakis, shoes and socks and a collared shirt is fine. Jeans probably are to if they are nice. The bank is more important than the Migraci?n office as far as dress goes.
In Santo Domingo it is hard to 'overdress' so look sharp and trustworthy.

HB