$1600 RD To Costambar

jbars

Jul 6, 2007
First, let me apologize because I know this may be a petty question and this type of question comes up frequently on this forum regarding various taxi rates. However, I have a question regarding a taxi ride from POP airport to Costambar. From what I understand the rate now is $45 or more to Costambar. I have $1600 RD from a previous trip and I would like to know if that would be accepted by a taxi driver at the airport as it is under $40USD at the current time? I will be arriving this Wednesday 2/6/2013. Thanks to everybody in advance for you help!!

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
First, let me apologize because I know this may be a petty question and this type of question comes up frequently on this forum regarding various taxi rates. However, I have a question regarding a taxi ride from POP airport to Costambar. From what I understand the rate now is $45 or more to Costambar. I have $1600 RD from a previous trip and I would like to know if that would be accepted by a taxi driver at the airport as it is under $40USD at the current time? I will be arriving this Wednesday 2/6/2013. Thanks to everybody in advance for you help!!

I don't think anybody on dr1 can give you a guarantee as to what the taxi drivers at the airport will do.

I suggest you have somebody in Costambar arrange to have a taxi from there pick you up. They can then arrange the price in advance.

london777

Bronze
Dec 22, 2005
I have $1600 RD from a previous trip and I would like to know if that would be accepted by a taxi driver at the airport.
Sounds plenty to me. I have paid 600 from Pto Pta to the airport and 350 from Pto Plata to Costambar, so US$40 is just a rip-off.

If they won't budge, just hire a taxi to La Union and threaten to catch a publico or guagua from there. Once the guy has driven 200 metres away from his fellow mafiosi he will be only too glad to accept 1600 (or less).