Need legal advice about dominican mother rights and migracion

Cyren

Jan 10, 2011
Hi,

My husband and I have with us here in Canada his 6 years old son since November 2012. The mother gave us the permanent custody. She signed a legal paper giving my husband the full custody and the right to take the child in Canada.

Anyway, since the child is here, she went crazy and furious because now, she meets a death end when she asks $$$. No more kid, no more cash... so, she wants the kid back. Of course, the kid doesnt want to go back there and we dont want to send him back neither.

But we are not neither bad persons and I dont personnally want to take a child from his mother. I hate her, I cant support her, I cant hear from her anymore but she is the mother. So, I really want to respect my words and send the child to spend the summer over there with his mother.

Anyway, my question is: is there a way she could refuse to send the child back at the end of the summer???? Could she keep him legally even if she signed the paper with DR-migracion?

Thanks! Any legal advice would be more than welcome!

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
I am NOT a lawyer, but I do know how a Dominican's MIND? works!
You are 100% right, she wants $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$, not the kid!
BUT, if you send the kid back here, you will most likely never see him again!
Dominicans, both men, and especially women, use their children as bargaining chips.
Get on with your lives.
DO NOT let the child come back to the DR!
If he wants to return when he is 18, he can.
Until then, stay away, stay VERY FAR AWAY!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
let them talk on the phone and skype as much as they want. but sending a child to DR is most likely the same as never seeing him again.
make sure the boy learns spanish and he knows he has a mum in DR who loves him but cannot be with him right now. then, when he is much older you can come to DR together, if the mother still want to see him, that is.
in the meantime be the best step mom you can be! good luck!

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
I agree, this is about money, the mother has none and so don't worry too much about legal action, she will not take legal action. You send the boy back here you will not see him again, that is as those above have said is a given, once you understand the mind of this woman, and there are plenty like that here.
I'd just keep on going with your life, don't make things worse by trying to contact her, if you ignore her long enough then she will eventually find another cow to milk. I wouldn't worry too much about skyping, she won't be willing to pay internet cafe fees if there is nothing in it for her.
Don't call her, don't write, just remember who she is and where she is so she can be found when the boy is older if he wants to (which is unlikely to be honest), if you move, don't tell her where you are going.

Just keep going, don't stir anything up and this will go away. Start trying to do the right thing by your own moral standards and this will blow up in your face. All the best for the future.

JMB773

Silver
Nov 4, 2011
Hi,

My husband and I have with us here in Canada his 6 years old son since November 2012. The mother gave us the permanent custody. She signed a legal paper giving my husband the full custody and the right to take the child in Canada.

Anyway, since the child is here, she went crazy and furious because now, she meets a death end when she asks $$$. No more kid, no more cash... so, she wants the kid back. Of course, the kid doesnt want to go back there and we dont want to send him back neither.

But we are not neither bad persons and I dont personnally want to take a child from his mother. I hate her, I cant support her, I cant hear from her anymore but she is the mother. So, I really want to respect my words and send the child to spend the summer over there with his mother.

Anyway, my question is: is there a way she could refuse to send the child back at the end of the summer???? Could she keep him legally even if she signed the paper with DR-migracion?

Thanks! Any legal advice would be more than welcome!

You hate her???? You have another woman's son and you have the nerve to say you hate her WOW!!! Not dislike but hate. legally you have every right to have that child in Canada because the woman signed the papers, but morally you are a "kidnapper" the only reason you have that child in your country is because the DR have issues with providing services for its citizens. Do you think it was easy for her to give her child away because she could not fully take care of him? You can provide the biggest home, best neighborhood, best education etc, but you will NEVER be his mother and now since the child is no longer in her home, you and your boy toy say the hell with his mother. If you loved the child so much how can you and his father treat his mother this way? No son and NO money I bet she is right where you always wanted her.

When people ask where is his mother what do you and you husband say, she is in jail, on drugs, robbed a bank, gave him away because she did not want to be a mother? If you take the advice of some of the posters and run and totally remove the fact that his mother exist, you watch how your future unfold. She gave birth to that child and that child is her blood, if she is using her child as a pawn that is her right, because he is her child. You think you are giving him a better life? A life without is mother, some life. You say the boy does not want to go back, he is 6 what does he know.

My advice to you is to put that child on a plane headed to the Dominican Republic tomorrow and you and you Dominican husband in Canada get on with your life. You tell that husband of yours to work out a payment plan to support his son in DR and you and your husband visit him from time to time. If the mother was going to be an issue why marry him and bring him to Good Ole Canada?

BTW If this Dominican sister lived in NYC do you think you would have had any chance to take her son to Canada to live? Do not blame this woman for something her country is lacking. This reason right here is why have NO problem paying for public assitance in the USA, taking Americans kids to other countrys because our government are a bunch of LAMES is something I hope an American never has to endure I sure you are a nice woman but all I needed to read was you HATE HER.

bronzeallspice

Live everyday like it's your last
Mar 26, 2012
You say you really want to respect your words? Well,don't! Take the sound advice from the other
posters.She knows the child is her meal ticket.If you really love him,please don't send him to the
DR for the summer vacation.She will disappear with the child,you and your husband will never
see him again.

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
Oh brother, JMB abandoned his children (twice that we know of, once in the US and once in the DR) in DR after 8 months because he missed his mother in the US (not to mention his new bride). Hardly in a position to take the moral highground on a thread about parental responsibility. WTF!

(I will not respond again as I don't want to hijack another thread with pinochio here)

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
I don't know JMB you went overboard on that one. While it is true we don't know the whole story (who knows what really going on between the father ? or the real reason why the mother is mad. Again,just speculation). HOWEVER, the OP seems to be acting in good faith, and most of all, is trying to do what is best for the child. So, that was totally uncalled for.

pauleast

*** I love DR1 ***
Jan 29, 2012
You hate her???? You have another woman's son and you have the nerve to say you hate her WOW!!! Not dislike but hate. legally you have every right to have that child in Canada because the woman signed the papers, but morally you are a "kidnapper" the only reason you have that child in your country is because the DR have issues with providing services for its citizens. Do you think it was easy for her to give her child away because she could not fully take care of him? You can provide the biggest home, best neighborhood, best education etc, but you will NEVER be his mother and now since the child is no longer in her home, you and your boy toy say the hell with his mother. If you loved the child so much how can you and his father treat his mother this way? No son and NO money I bet she is right where you always wanted her.

When people ask where is his mother what do you and you husband say, she is in jail, on drugs, robbed a bank, gave him away because she did not want to be a mother? If you take the advice of some of the posters and run and totally remove the fact that his mother exist, you watch how your future unfold. She gave birth to that child and that child is her blood, if she is using her child as a pawn that is her right, because he is her child. You think you are giving him a better life? A life without is mother, some life. You say the boy does not want to go back, he is 6 what does he know.

My advice to you is to put that child on a plane headed to the Dominican Republic tomorrow and you and you Dominican husband in Canada get on with your life. You tell that husband of yours to work out a payment plan to support his son in DR and you and your husband visit him from time to time. If the mother was going to be an issue why marry him and bring him to Good Ole Canada?

BTW If this Dominican sister lived in NYC do you think you would have had any chance to take her son to Canada to live? Do not blame this woman for something her country is lacking. This reason right here is why have NO problem paying for public assitance in the USA, taking Americans kids to other countrys because our government are a bunch of LAMES is something I hope an American never has to endure I sure you are a nice woman but all I needed to read was you HATE HER.

This is clearly bad advice. If it wasn't such a serious matter I would say it is comical. She is in no way obligated morally or otherwise to send that child home. The child is clearly in a household that is in his best interest.

JMB773

Silver
Nov 4, 2011
You say you really want to respect your words? Well,don't! Take the sound advice from the other
posters.She knows the child is her meal ticket.If you really love him,please don't send him to the
DR for the summer vacation.She will disappear with the child,you and your husband will never
see him again.

She going to disappear with her OWN son? Notice how you stated the words " She will disappear with THE child not her child. I find that very interesting.

You have NEVER met this Canadian woman nor the Dominican woman she speaks of, but you know for a FACT that the mother is scum, because a Canadian woman said so. The boy has only been in Canada for less then 4 months in a year he could say " I want my mommy" and this Canadian woman could feel cheated because the little boy wants his REAL mother and start to mistreat the child because at the end of the day the child does not have her blood.

DOMINCAN JOE

Bronze
Aug 15, 2006
where is the op only the 1 post this thread seems like a slanging match g d h + j m b why not take it to pm

JMB773

Silver
Nov 4, 2011
I don't know JMB you went overboard on that one. While it is true we don't know the whole story (who knows what really going on between the father ? or the real reason why the mother is mad. Again,just speculation). HOWEVER, the OP seems to be acting in good faith, and most of all, is trying to do what is best for the child. So, that was totally uncalled for.

This woman has painted an AWFUL picture of the mother a person that NONE of us ever met. She could have stated ONLY:

My husband and I have his son here in Canada and the mothers wants the son back in DR, she signed over custody to me and my husband does she have any legal right to have him back in DR PERIOD.

She did not have to paint this picture of the boys mother none of that is OUR business why a mother gave away her son, but she had to go the GOOD vs BAD angle because she knows that is the only way that would have mad her and the father seem like Allstars.

bronzeallspice

Live everyday like it's your last
Mar 26, 2012
She going to disappear with her OWN son? Notice how you stated the words " She will disappear with THE child not her child. I find that very interesting.

You have NEVER met this Canadian woman nor the Dominican woman she speaks of, but you know for a FACT that the mother is scum, because a Canadian woman said so. The boy has only been in Canada for less then 4 months in a year he could say " I want my mommy" and this Canadian woman could feel cheated because the little boy wants his REAL mother and start to mistreat the child because at the end of the day the child does not have her blood.

Yes,she can disappear with her own or the child.It's called kidnapping whether by a parent or a
stranger.It happens everywhere.The father has custody by consent.

She stated the child does not want to go.It's best that the child stays with the father,he will have a better life.

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
May be true but these are women we are talking about . How many girlfriends, wives do you know who speak of their man exes in kind term :)

JMB773

Silver
Nov 4, 2011
Oh brother, JMB abandoned his children (twice that we know of, once in the US and once in the DR) in DR after 8 months because he missed his mother in the US (not to mention his new bride). Hardly in a position to take the moral highground on a thread about parental responsibility. WTF!

(I will not respond again as I don't want to hijack another thread with pinochio here)

Perfect example take a look at this guy here!!! Who is he? Never once has he sat in the same room with either of my girls but he knows all about them.

My ex wife has NOT worked in 2 yrs where in the heck you think she and my daughter get money from? The Vice President of the Dominican Republic or the city of Chicago?

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
Lets be clear, you do not have to give birth to a child to be considered a mother, that is a insult to many "mothers" out there. The love for a child is not defined by who gave birth to the child. It is the one who gives their unconditional love and support. Maybe hate is a stong word but we have no idea what prompted the OP to say that. If the mother was so willing to sign papers for the child to leave why cry about it now. Mom sees the child has a good life so now she wants a piece of the pie, period.

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
Could be....but my experience has been that all my girlfriends who had some major dramas with exes. Guess what? 9 out of 10 times the guy was still involved with the ex on the down low. So you never know.

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
but why is she still asking him for money ,explin that one if she doesn't have possesion of the kid.

There is two dates on one of the pieces of paperwork you can fill when one half of a partnership take a child out of the country, and exit and entry date that needs to be met by the parent leaving. Do we know exactly what they have signed, and agreed to? If they were allowed to take the child out of the country and signed to meet the entry date also then not returning is breaking the agreement and so breaking immigration regulations which in effect possibly makes the child void in Canada, illegal, and the father wanted for breaking immigration agreement, and kidnapping, this could work against him as well if he is breaking any laws.
Maybe the mother wants more money if they plan to keep him in Canada longer than agreed? That would make sense.

~I think avoid taking the child back at all costs, but the threat of the father being sent home is also very possible if they break immigration law.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
geez, give gal a break. she said he hated kids mother, nothing new about hatin' on the ex. but she never mentioned any negative feeling for the child, on the contrary, she seems to have his well being in mind.