Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Puerto Plata Eye Doctor ?

Does anyone know of a opthamologist they would recommend in Puerto Plata area to diagnose eye infection ?

Thank you !

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Dr Bourrough at Bournigal.

There was a thread on same thing recently and Dr. Bourrough got support from several.

On Vacation!
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ken View Post
    Dr Bourrough at Bournigal.

There was a thread on same thing recently and Dr. Bourrough got support from several.
    I would like to see those posts on support for Dr. Bourrough's Ken. I saw none and my own research and my American Insurance showed me to another in Santo Domingo.

On Vacation!
    Post Thanks / Like

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

On Vacation!
    Post Thanks / Like

Very good JOE.

If you have read the other tread, you will learn about REAL experience. Yes... a very good Dr. here on the North Coast recommended the POP Dr. and we called 5 times. None of the answers where within our bounds at all.

My eyes are done now using the Santo Domingo Dr. GREAT. I have some healing time for the next 6 weeks.

The Doc. here that recommended the POP Dr. asked for and has the Santo Domingo Dr.s' name and number.

WHY DON'T YOU PEOPLE GET IT? Learn from those that have been here and have had it done. FOR REAL!

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo View Post
    I would like to see those posts on support for Dr. Bourrough's Ken. I saw none and my own research and my American Insurance showed me to another in Santo Domingo.
    The OP wants an infection to be diagnosed and cured, not an eye operation.

http://www.dr1.com/forums/living/124...lata-area.html

8. Likes Tamborista liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, my experience with Dr Burroughs has not been great. I have consulted him and got a full exam about the huge increase in floaters in my eyes. He said not to worry and gave me anti-inflammatory drops. I specifically asked him about retina detachment and he said no.

1 month later I consulted another ophthalmologist in Santiago, Dr Sebastian Guzman at Clinica Corominas who diagnosed a big hole in my retina and detachment. Dr Guzman seemed very competent.

I decided to run back to Canada because of the lack of cleanliness at Corominas - worm crawling on the floor, and one of the staff did not seem to know how to remove the goop they had put in my eyes. So far the Ottawa Eye institute is doing the same thing that Dr Guzman recommended i.e. injection of gas bubble to be followed Friday by laser to close the hole. If the gas option is not successful I will need full surgery which frankly I would prefer to do in Canada.

So far, I give good marks to Dr Guzman.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

danielle, glad you write because i missed your call and my phone did not register your number. try my doctor in santiago, clinica union.
    Bernardo José Rodríguez Rodriguez
    Especialidad: Oftalmología
    Teléfono: 809-226-8686, Ext: 4501
    Celular: 809-977-8186
    Correo: [email protected]

i go there every year to get my eyes checked. he is also eye surgeon. graduated from med school in spain.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Dorota. I will keep your doctor name in file. The message I left you was a bit garbled as I was driving back from Santiago in a panic. I flew to Canada the next day and I am still here. Field of vision has decreased a bit more since the injection which the surgeon says is normal due to the gas bubble moving around and expanding. Please pray that I dont lose the vision.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast