Psycho-therapist

braewood

Feb 5, 2013
Does anyone know of an English speaking Psycho-therapist here in the Dominican Republic? Preferably one specializing in relationships. Any recommendations would be much appreciated.

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
Thats a gringo thing. In the DR if one partner needs a relationship therapist they get a boyfriend or girlfriend on the side.

braewood

Feb 5, 2013
Thats a gringo thing. In the DR if one partner needs a relationship therapist they get a boyfriend or girlfriend on the side.

So 'Gringo' things aren't welcome on DR 1? Your strategy didn't work. That's why I'm looking.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
where are you located? better chances of finding what you are looking for in SD or santiago than anywhere else in the country. don't get so snappy at "gringo thing" comment, couple therapy is still relatively knew and many dominicans do not like to include outsider in their relationship problems.

in any case, i am a huge fan of clinica union medica in santiago and i see they actually have there a doctor that specialized in couple therapy, melissa rivera. why don't' you give her a call or send an email? here is the link with her details and bio:
Melissa Rivera, MPsi
she's young so there is a good chance she speaks english.

braewood

Feb 5, 2013
I live in Cabarete. I was anticipating that I would have to travel to Santiago or Sto Dgo for help. Today someone referred me to a retired American psychiatrist who still practices a bit and who happens to live in Cabarete. Thank you for the referral dv8. I will contact Melissa Rivera.

braewood

Feb 5, 2013
Many thanks to all who offered recommendations and referrals. I have found someone here in Cabarete where I live. I will check with him to see if he is ok with having his contact information posted here on this thread.

james

Jan 14, 2002
IF you found the retired American fellow in Cabarete who is married to a Dominican lawyer he is a great guy and is recommended.