Where in the world do you get movies here?

Trainman33

Bronze
Dec 11, 2009
I don't like paying for monthly things, movies are too large to download from itunes through a VPN, and I don't buy things from piropo fulano.

Como_un_cameron

Jan 8, 2011
When i'm sitting on the beach, or at the bar in Sosua or Cabarrete, the movies come to me !
Even when I'm at home, sitting outside, dvd sellers try to sell to me.

Don't look interested and you'll pay about 30 peso for one movie.
Don't go for the newest movies, cause they're mostly crappy quality.

Lothario666

Bronze
Oct 16, 2012
I'm waiting for "The Real Housewives of the Dominican Republic" to hit prime time TV.

"R R R R R R R R R R R R R"

Lothario666

Bronze
Oct 16, 2012
Great hair-pulling exhibition in S01E01.
When will S01E02 be showing?

"R R R R R R R R R R R R R "

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
When i'm sitting on the beach, or at the bar in Sosua or Cabarrete, the movies come to me !
Even when I'm at home, sitting outside, dvd sellers try to sell to me.

Don't look interested and you'll pay about 30 peso for one movie.
Don't go for the newest movies, cause they're mostly crappy quality.

I had resisted buying on the beach but broke down the other day. The vendor assured me they were good quality.
Amongst our group , we bought 7 or 8 ---- 500 pesos.

The quality? Extremely good.
Some even post a warning that the video is not available for public distribution -- for the viewing of Academy members only.
A notice flashes across the screen... "For Your Consideration"

Any guilt I felt about buying 'pirated' films went away knowing that SAG members were selling their Oscar films for redistribution.
Imagine, you can buy on the beach films that are not yet in the theaters....... whodathunkit????

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
You can find pretty much any new movie here. Just get Utorrent and go.

Torrent search There are plenty of others, this is just one of them that a lot of people do not know about.

Feb 7, 2007
I don't like torrents... I don't know how is the law in the DR, but in my birth country web downloads (http) of movies and music are legal, but not torrents (because you are sharing as well). Also the "industry spies" do a lot of spying on torrent networks even employ sophisticated machines to get IP addresses of other chunk sharers. But Web downloads are much harder to track, because they (the authorities) would need to raid the providers servers first, and after how mega ended up biting them in their own a$$ they won't do that. There are many sites where you can search for URL links from major direct download providers, filestube (dot) com and general-files (dot) com are just two of them.

Koreano

Bronze
Jan 18, 2012
I don't know about movies but seriesid.com has good selections of many American series subtitled in spanish. Last time I checked they had both aired and cable series. Just make sure you have adblock installed because there are flooded with ads.