New Speed Bump on Av. Rafael Vidal.

Koreano

Bronze
Jan 18, 2012
Those who drives in Santiago knows that Av. Rafael Vidal gets pretty busy all the time and yesterday, I noticed there were two new speed bumps between the Shell gas station/GYM. When I saw the construction I thought they were fixing water pipe or something, I have never thought they would put speed bumps there. Does anybody know what's the deal with the speed bumps right on the middle of busy street? What is the law on putting in a new speed bumps anyways?

Nov 25, 2008
the reason is the Sindico's Serulle family members who attend the Gym, where the speed bumps were having a hard time crossing the street, so that's why the bumps are for.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
And against the law!! Unless there is a school or a military, hospital or police station, sorry it is illegal!

So @#$%^! stupid...why do this? D@mnit!

HB

Koreano

Bronze
Jan 18, 2012
I guess there's nothing much I can do about that but to avoid that way as much as possible. I feel bad for my wife and our Kia suspension though, they have to go through that every weekday. :(

jinty05

Bronze
Feb 11, 2005
Well I for one love these new speed bumps as I regularly breakfast in La Campagna and these bumps really are a blessing when exiting this fine establishment. They also help reduce accidents st the La Sirena junction as Rafael became a death trap after it was resurfaced.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
wHILE I can certainly understand Jinty's astute observation, the fact remains that they are illegal!

And the old HB went by there yesterday to see what all the fuss was about. They are not so high as to bother the suspension of any vehicle, so Koreano can rest easy...

However, those M#$^%ers do cause major traffic tie-ups in both direction and might well be worse than the occasional discomfort getting into and out of La Campagna, or the VIP Gym...

Even an "On Demand" traffic light would be a whole lot better than those speed bumps....

Well written letters to the Ayuntamiento might bring some action, as well as a petition circulated amonst drivers using that road frequently. A little civic action so to speak.

FYI: There is a way around them with little traffic so far. Send me some money via Western Union and I'll tell you about it...Or a PM....either way...

HB (just a little sarcastic this morning)

Koreano

Bronze
Jan 18, 2012
Can someone post a foto to enhance the thread? Thank you.
I am going to try this weekend but don't count on it. These days I rarely go that way because of the traffic and stupidity the bumps. If someone would have to take that picture for rest of to share. It would be great.

VJS

Bronze
Sep 19, 2010
Speaking of speed bumps, what about those two on the road from the Santiago airport to the highway? - I was really glad I was driving a rental the first time I was on that road when I hit them at a good clip.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Dominicans react to speed bumps, "Policia Acostado" in a very strange way.
Normally they drive like drunken maniacs, which in many cases they ARE, but for some reason, known ONLY to them, when they see a speed bump, they stop, and go over the "bump" as if it is an "IED" on the streets of Kandahar!
Then it's "Off-To-The-Races" once again!
Dominican "LOGIC"???????
You Decide??????????????????????????????
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Koreano

Bronze
Jan 18, 2012
Speaking of speed bumps, what about those two on the road from the Santiago airport to the highway? - I was really glad I was driving a rental the first time I was on that road when I hit them at a good clip.

It gave me good laugh first time my driver and I went through that. It looked like a decent highway then boom two speed bumps. I am willing to forgive that, on my make believe reasoning of, it's near airport and could easily setup police or military check point if it needs to be.

sayanora

Silver
Feb 22, 2012
VIP bought a parking lot across the street so members now have to park over there and cross the street to get to the gym, I bet that has something to do with the speedbumps.