Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Cheap restaurants in Santo Domingo

Looking for economic restaurants (under 300 pesos a plate) in Santo Domingo, to go out and eat, a sit down place that serves alcohol, any suggestions. I'm open to any kind of food, also if anyone has any info on Malecon 7 please let me know,

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by papillionsprincess View Post
    Looking for economic restaurants (under 300 pesos a plate) in Santo Domingo, to go out and eat, a sit down place that serves alcohol, any suggestions. I'm open to any kind of food, also if anyone has any info on Malecon 7 please let me know,
    What do you want to know about Malecon 7? You won't find much on the menu there under 300 pesos. Malecon 7 is on the malecon just east of D'Luis. If you know where Napolitano Hotel is then both restaurants are a good five minute walk heading east.

If you want to eat for less than 300 pesos probably a comedor would be your best bet. Most don't serve booze except for beer.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you, I actually just found some reviews on Malecon 7 and they weren't good so won't be going there.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by papillionsprincess View Post
    Thank you, I actually just found some reviews on Malecon 7 and they weren't good so won't be going there.
    I like Malecon 7 and D'Luis, especially if you get a table next to the Sea.

DR1
    Post Thanks / Like

Adrian Tropical on Independencia, across the street from the Presidente factory, has a lunch special that has 'em lined up. Their regular menu is pretty reasonable too. This location caters to Dominicans, I've never seen another non-Dominican in there [except me!]. I think their other locations have much higher prices.

Look for the Burger King sign, it shares the building with Adrian Tropical.

Admin
    DR1.com

6. Likes Viajero liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi AlterEgo I'm American and I have been there before, thanks for the suggestion, wanted to try something new, but my friend is on a budget but wants to go out to eat like less than 10-15 per plate or 300-500 pesos

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Try the Terrace restaraunt at Hotel Napolitano. Late evenings they have live entertainment while you dine. Get a table next to the railing over looking the malecon.

As I previously mentioned I would NOT scratch either D'Luis or Malecon 7 off the list.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AlterEgo View Post
    Adrian Tropical on Independencia, across the street from the Presidente factory, has a lunch special that has 'em lined up. Their regular menu is pretty reasonable too. This location caters to Dominicans, I've never seen another non-Dominican in there [except me!]. I think their other locations have much higher prices.

Look for the Burger King sign, it shares the building with Adrian Tropical.
    The tiny bowls of sancocho are cute.

DR1
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pollogringo View Post
    The tiny bowls of sancocho are cute.
    And yummy too.

Admin
    DR1.com

11. Likes pollogringo, waytogo liked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AlterEgo View Post
    And yummy too.
    Enjoyed a nice mofongo de camarones there.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast