Cheap restaurants in Santo Domingo

papillionsprincess

Aug 26, 2008
Looking for economic restaurants (under 300 pesos a plate) in Santo Domingo, to go out and eat, a sit down place that serves alcohol, any suggestions. I'm open to any kind of food, also if anyone has any info on Malecon 7 please let me know,

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
Looking for economic restaurants (under 300 pesos a plate) in Santo Domingo, to go out and eat, a sit down place that serves alcohol, any suggestions. I'm open to any kind of food, also if anyone has any info on Malecon 7 please let me know,

What do you want to know about Malecon 7? You won't find much on the menu there under 300 pesos. Malecon 7 is on the malecon just east of D'Luis. If you know where Napolitano Hotel is then both restaurants are a good five minute walk heading east.

If you want to eat for less than 300 pesos probably a comedor would be your best bet. Most don't serve booze except for beer.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Adrian Tropical on Independencia, across the street from the Presidente factory, has a lunch special that has 'em lined up. Their regular menu is pretty reasonable too. This location caters to Dominicans, I've never seen another non-Dominican in there [except me!]. I think their other locations have much higher prices.

Look for the Burger King sign, it shares the building with Adrian Tropical.

papillionsprincess

Aug 26, 2008
Hi AlterEgo I'm American and I have been there before, thanks for the suggestion, wanted to try something new, but my friend is on a budget but wants to go out to eat like less than 10-15 per plate or 300-500 pesos

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
Try the Terrace restaraunt at Hotel Napolitano. Late evenings they have live entertainment while you dine. Get a table next to the railing over looking the malecon.

As I previously mentioned I would NOT scratch either D'Luis or Malecon 7 off the list.

Dec 26, 2011
Adrian Tropical on Independencia, across the street from the Presidente factory, has a lunch special that has 'em lined up. Their regular menu is pretty reasonable too. This location caters to Dominicans, I've never seen another non-Dominican in there [except me!]. I think their other locations have much higher prices.

Look for the Burger King sign, it shares the building with Adrian Tropical.

The tiny bowls of sancocho are cute.

RonS

Bronze
Oct 18, 2004
I'm not sure about the pricing, but the Villar Hermanos on Independencia proxima Pasteur is a favorite of mine.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"Viscaya" is the BEST!
Their cake is fantastic.
They used to give you a piece while you wait.
I like it plain, it's THAT GOOD!
"Sully's" is one of my favorite restaurants.
But you won't get out for 500 pesos.
The "Calamari" is to die for!
Take me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC