Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Envelope storage

Last year, I purhased a small box of envelopes. A couple of months after Hurricane Sandy saturated the air with humidity, I discovered that all the envelopes were sealed.

This year, I need to purchase a large box (500 or 1,000) of printed envelopes, but before I go through the trouble and expense, I'm researching storage options.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

If nothing else, I was thinking I could divide them into packages of 100 envelopes each and put into sealed gallon storage bags that I can purchase at La Sirena. But should I put a few grains of rice in the bag to absorp whatever moisture might get in?

Appreciate any thoughts, ideas, suggestions, and most importantly, successful experiences.

I don't have air conditioning, and I live less than 2 kilometers from the southern coast. And I cannot afford to build a special closet with dehumidifier, even if I could find a dehumidifier to purchase.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

What you can do is cut strips of waxed paper to put under flap between the envelopes. This method has saved our frustration with stuck envelopes.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

An option is to purchase self sealing, the peal and seal type envelopes.

Regards,

PJT

4. Likes Criss Colon liked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Let the climate do half the work!

Quote Originally Posted by Abuela View Post
    What you can do is cut strips of waxed paper to put under flap between the envelopes. This method has saved our frustration with stuck envelopes.
    Or quickly fill all the envelopes with the necessary correspondence and wait for the humidity to self seal the envelopes, saves a lot of saliva and time better used for drinking!

6. Likes puryear270 liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

"Self Adhesive"!
    Or, try a "Ziplok" storage bag.
    cc

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the answers. I'm going with the Ziplok storage for the envelopes and more drinking for me.

But now, I have to find the envelopes. Went to La Sirena today and discovered they don't sell them there. Then I realized: who mails letters here? NO ONE!!!

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by puryear270 View Post
    But now, I have to find the envelopes. Went to La Sirena today and discovered they don't sell them there. Then I realized: who mails letters here? NO ONE!!!
    JAJAJAJA Say the truth, you had em so long they turned yellow-ish LOL