Envelope storage

puryear270

Bronze
Aug 26, 2009
Last year, I purhased a small box of envelopes. A couple of months after Hurricane Sandy saturated the air with humidity, I discovered that all the envelopes were sealed.

This year, I need to purchase a large box (500 or 1,000) of printed envelopes, but before I go through the trouble and expense, I'm researching storage options.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

If nothing else, I was thinking I could divide them into packages of 100 envelopes each and put into sealed gallon storage bags that I can purchase at La Sirena. But should I put a few grains of rice in the bag to absorp whatever moisture might get in?

Appreciate any thoughts, ideas, suggestions, and most importantly, successful experiences.

I don't have air conditioning, and I live less than 2 kilometers from the southern coast. And I cannot afford to build a special closet with dehumidifier, even if I could find a dehumidifier to purchase.

Abuela

Bronze
May 13, 2006
What you can do is cut strips of waxed paper to put under flap between the envelopes. This method has saved our frustration with stuck envelopes.

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
An option is to purchase self sealing, the peal and seal type envelopes.

Regards,

PJT

Lobo Tropical

Silver
Aug 21, 2010
Let the climate do half the work!

What you can do is cut strips of waxed paper to put under flap between the envelopes. This method has saved our frustration with stuck envelopes.

Or quickly fill all the envelopes with the necessary correspondence and wait for the humidity to self seal the envelopes, saves a lot of saliva and time better used for drinking!:cross-eye

puryear270

Bronze
Aug 26, 2009
Thanks for the answers. I'm going with the Ziplok storage for the envelopes and more drinking for me.

But now, I have to find the envelopes. Went to La Sirena today and discovered they don't sell them there. Then I realized: who mails letters here? NO ONE!!!