From Today's Sosua News

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
[h=5]The editors of Sos?a-News received good reports on the occupancy of the different hotels in Sos?a. Both the smaller hotels like Casa Valeria, Voramar, El Rancho and Don Andres, as the larger resorts like Casa Marina and Sos?a Bay have a nearly 100% occupancy in the months January, February and March. Casa Marina does well with many Canadian and Russian guests. It is unfortunate that most Russians only speak Russian and don't leave the hotel complex. Therefore the shops and restaurants surrounding Casa Marina Resort can not benefit from this revival of tourism. But in the evening the bars in the main street Pedro Clisante are packed with revelers.[/h]
[h=5]Both the taxi and motorcycle taxi owners, as the bars and small fashion shops are doing good business again. Fortunately, because the previous months were a misery for many Dominicans.[/h]

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
[h=5]It is unfortunate that most Russians only speak Russian and don't leave the hotel complex.

not different from americans speaking only english, is it?
but there are so many russians in sosua, maybe it is a good idea to distribute in hotels some brochures in russian about local restaurants, bars and businesses where they can find russian speaking owners or staff?

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
not different from americans speaking only english, is it?
but there are so many russians in sosua, maybe it is a good idea to distribute in hotels some brochures in russian about local restaurants, bars and businesses where they can find russian speaking owners or staff?

Good idea about the brochures, etc, if not already being done. Playero has quite a few products now with labels in Russian. Some of the products look interesting but I can't read the labels. I suppose I will have to take a chance and buy the product to see if it is as good as it looks.

Chicagoan

May 27, 2011
Playero has quite a few products now with labels in Russian. Some of the products look interesting but I can't read the labels. I suppose I will have to take a chance and buy the product to see if it is as good as it looks.

In Chicago there are a lot of stores that have canned or jarred foods labeled in Russian or Polish. We buy them sometimes to see what they are. It is a kind of adventure.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
In Chicago there are a lot of stores that have canned or jarred foods labeled in Russian or Polish. We buy them sometimes to see what they are. It is a kind of adventure.

life is like polish canned food: you never know what you're gonna get!