Taxi fare...how much..POP airport Portifino Hotel

F

Frankie Zee

How much is it by taxi from POP airport to Portifino Hotel in Pesos???? Thank you very much, Frankie Zee

G

Grahame Bush

Re: Taxi fare...how much..POP airport Portifino Ho

I believe the official price is RD $225 - 250 (US $14 - 15). Most likely the taxi company will ask for more but try & get them to agree to a lower fee or you will look elsewhere.

If you don't have much baggage with you, you could walk up to the main highway (10 minutes walk) & get the local Gua-gha or local gua-gua taxi, both of which will cost you no more than RD $10 each. Porto Fino is just off the main highway into Puerto Plata, so get them to drop you off at the baseball stagium & walk down towards the beach at LongBeach - you will find Porto Fino 150/160 yards on the right. When are you ariving?? I have to be at the airport on Sunday 2nd Sept. around early afternoon.
Regards & have fun - Grahame Bush.

M

Matt

Graham playing Taxi again????? Make sure he brings Chocolates & Pipe smoke or I will get mad!!!!! regards Matt

G

Grahame Bush

Hadn't thought about that as I was going to be there anyway (early p.m.) taking a friend & his family back after their holiday. You will do well down here Matt, always thinking of the angles!!! Please don't get mad at me, I promise to ask him IF he gets in touch with me & we make contact at the airport.

Jack - RD $400 seems very steep evn allowing for inflation! I could have accepted prices MIGHT have gone up to RD $300 (even THAT is above normal rates from Puerto Plata to airport!!). Either you got stung or you didn't negotiate hard enough. I WILL check next time I am up there to make absolutely certain - I don't like giving wrong information - Grahame.