suggestions for Punta Cana?

M

Meg

Can I have some of your opinions on what is the nicest all-inclusive in Punta Cana/Bavaro? I'm looking for a nice beach, dance club, overall nice place.

D

Diana

I've stayed at both Melia Tropical and Melia Caribe, and loved them both. They are on the same grounds so you can use both facilities. They are beautiful properties, very clean, staff was excellent, gorgeous beach, nightly entertainment, and both had there own dance clubs. I must say though Melia Tropical was more livelier, I guess at that time there were more guests since the disco was more crowded and so were the shows as opposed to Melia Caribe. But it was newer at the time, the last time I was there was June 2000, and Caribe had just opened up earlier that year.
We also used to take a cab to the Riu hotel where the large disco was (Pacha), so if you stay at one of the Riu hotels you would save yourself money in cab fare! The disco at the Melia hotels weren't all that great, it depended on the evening I guess.
Check out this website and you can probably look at some pictures of the properties in Punta Cana. I always hear good things i.e. Bavaro Princess, the Riu hotels, the Cantalonia...
www.debbiesdominicantravel.com

Enjoy.

J

John

I personally like the Melia Paradisus. I am living in the area and talk to tourists every day. The best comments are about Melia Caribe, Melia Tropical, Melia Paradisus and Bavaro Princess (former Melia Bavaro). There is a new real nice Disco at HODELPA Club Caribe within walking distance to Melia Paradisus and Bavaro Princess. Beaches are just great wherever you go in this area.

Have a nice vacation

John

C

Carole

Friend just stayed at the Flamenco Bavaro and absolutely loved it. She says don't forget that little black dress for dinner, you'll need one!