Microchip for my dog

Helsbels

Feb 3, 2013
Good morning, thanks to advice on here from 'Ken' I found a good vet in Samana. Unfortunately though the vet does not do microchipping for dogs. He said that he thought that the nearest to Samana would be Las Terrenas or Santo Domingo but did not know of anyone he could give me the name of.
Could anyone help me out with a vet they know near to Samana please who would be able to do this?

Me_again

Bronze
Nov 21, 2004
I may be stating the obvious to you but . . . Micro-chipping is only of any value if the animals found away from home are going to be scanned. Are there appropriate scanners in the Samana Peninsula or elsewhere in the DR? Will they be used?

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
Last edited:

Helsbels

Feb 3, 2013
Thanks KateP will check the link out also.

He needs microchipping for his documents when he flies later this year to UK - not for when he's here. He can't get his rabies jab until he's been microchipped as they document all the info of the chip on the rabies jab info on the certificate. Would like to get all the necessary done here before he travels so that he doesn't have to go into quarantine when we get to UK.

santa110xyz

Oct 25, 2005
tell friends they should buy the Micro-chip in the UK and let it ship here. Your Vet in Samana can implant it. It's easy...just tell him that he should do it at the correct position.
I did it that way and all went fine. You need the micro chip to be able to send the blood serum to a registered Laboratory to get the titer determination of the rabies vaccine. When you arrive in the UK then they will provide you with the EU Animal Passport.

santa110xyz

Oct 25, 2005
tell friends they should buy the Micro-chip in the UK and let it ship here. Your Vet in Samana can implant it. It's easy...just tell him that he should do it at the correct position.
I did it that way and all went fine. You need the micro chip to be able to send the blood serum to a registered Laboratory to get the titer determination of the rabies vaccine. When you arrive in the UK then they will provide you with the EU Animal Passport. Pet Detect - Pet Detect