mmmmm

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
what is root beer? another of them disappointing drinks? i have tried mountain dew here in DR, they do not sell in in PL and i have never seen it in london either. rather strangely yucky. and i have tried this red thingy in a can that turned out to be extremely sugary red water. no bubbles.
dr pepper on the other hand... love it!

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i am a she and the red stuff i referred to was not red bull but kind of a red juice, flat, extremely sweet, in a can. hawaiian punch? or something?

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i tried mabi. not gross but nothing i really liked. but you know, root beer sounds like it should be more related to beer, no? and i saw in the movies or tv shows adults ordering root beer for kids. is it alcoholic? mabi is, but only slightly...

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Root Beer is like a sharp cola, a little bit like cream soda.
Nothing like beer, other than the name. It happens to go well with Pizza.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
you know, it ain't good explaining the marvels of americal beverage industry using another example from the same field :) what is a cream soda? :) :) :)
seriously, i have seen the term but never had da drink.

i tell you, if only i could place my foot in walmart....

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Ahhhhh cream soda is my all time favorite... closest thing I've had in DR is Merengue soda, it's kind of a pale gold color.....

Dec 26, 2011
i tried mabi. not gross but nothing i really liked. but you know, root beer sounds like it should be more related to beer, no? and i saw in the movies or tv shows adults ordering root beer for kids. is it alcoholic? mabi is, but only slightly...

You've really never had it? Wow. IBC, Virgil's and Hank's are some "gourmet" brands. The local brewery makes their own. A&W and Hire's are big names.

Here are some of the ingredients that go into Virgil's, to give you an idea of the flavor:

Anise, licorice, bourbon vanilla, cloves, cinnamon, wintergreen, molasses, nutmeg, sweet birch, balsam oil, pimento berry oil, and oil of cassia.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
Anise, licorice, bourbon vanilla, cloves, cinnamon, wintergreen, molasses, nutmeg, sweet birch, balsam oil, pimento berry oil, and oil of cassia.

now, no offence, but that sounds like the list of ingredients for this fancy home abortion concoction from "the ciderhouse rules"... :) ;)