Chez Arsenio Restaurant

Status
Not open for further replies.

didi1

Feb 16, 2013
Heads up, we went for supper Chez Arsenio, on Valentine's day. I had to be different and ordered fish, which was not on their Valentine's Menu, needless to say I spent the night on the throne. In all fairness I have eaten there in the past years and never had an issue, in fact it was one of my trusted restaurants on the North Coast. They say nothing changes in the DR, but eating here has changed for me. :cry:

didi1

Feb 16, 2013
I have been following DR1 for years and it was the first time I just could not contain myself, I felt it was important to share. I trusted this establishment completely and now I am :cry:

Dec 26, 2011
I have been following DR1 for years and it was the first time I just could not contain myself, I felt it was important to share. I trusted this establishment completely and now I am :cry:

About fifteen years ago I got very sick after eating at one of the better-known restaurants in SD. It wasn't my first time there. The restaurant's still open and doing well. One of the posters here does business with them. I recovered. What happens if you go back and have a nice meal and don't get sick?

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Heads up, we went for supper Chez Arsenio, on Valentine's day. I had to be different and ordered fish, which was not on their Valentine's Menu, needless to say I spent the night on the throne. In all fairness I have eaten there in the past years and never had an issue, in fact it was one of my trusted restaurants on the North Coast. They say nothing changes in the DR, but eating here has changed for me. :cry:
The probability of eating something and getting sick immediately is rather low.

Where did you eat the day before?

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005

Don't you post as Coralia?

cobraboy

Jul 24, 2004
Symptoms of food poisoning can take anything from a few hours to a few days. Food poisoning | NSW Food Authority

So who knows,it could have been.
While true, the vast majority of food poisonings take a day or so.

Most state Health Departments teach courses for restauranteurs that go over the various types, and monitor and investigate complaints. They go back to what a person ate 48 hours prior and find that almost 90% of cases go back over 24 hours.

The PROBABILITY of eating at some place and getting sick right away is very low...unless the food smelled/tasted rancid.

I suspect the OP has an axe to grind.

bronzeallspice

Live everyday like it's your last
Mar 26, 2012
I agree unless he's certain.But I was pointing out that symptoms can occurr within a short period
of time.

bronzeallspice

Live everyday like it's your last
Mar 26, 2012
My ex husband got food poisoning at Seafood Shanty years ago from eating a bowl of mussels.There was
nothing to indicate that the food was rancid or tasted bad.That night when we got home shortly after he
started vomiting and had diarrhea all night long.I took him to the ER the next morning and sure enough
after some tests were performed,the doctor said he had food poisoning.

cobraboy

Jul 24, 2004
My ex husband got food poisoning at Seafood Shanty years ago from eating a bowl of mussels.There was
nothing to indicate that the food was rancid or tasted bad.That night when we got home shortly after he
started vomiting and had diarrhea all night long.I took him to the ER the next morning and sure enough
after some tests were performed,the doctor said he had food poisoning.
Vomiting and diarrhea are two separate food poisoning symptoms. One rarely gets the trots from something they just ate. RARELY. Vomiting is a different story.

I owned a restaurant/bar for several years and have personally experienced the health Department do investigative work.

Unless one submits a complaint to the health department who investigates the origin, it's almost impossible to draw a cause/effect for the source.

Additionally it is RARE just one person gets sick from a restaurant. There are usually multiple incidents from the same pathogen.

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
you can very rarely be totally sure where food poisoning came from unless you go and do forensic tests

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
I eat at one particular restaurant here in Santo Domingo alot. There has been a couple of times that I have gotten sick after the meal. Was it the food, was it the wine, or just one of those times where my body just could not handle the food that day? I really don't blame the restaurant because I really don't know what may have made me sick especially since I eat ther alot and it has only happened a couple of times. Who knows maybe it was the eggs I had for breakfast that morning.

chrisgy

Jan 15, 2013

Seems to be a fair post. And the responses to the post are equally fair. New posters inevitably will either have a question they want answered or extraordinary experience that motivates them to create an account ....

arrugala

Bronze
Nov 7, 2010
Seems to be a fair post. And the responses to the post are equally fair. New posters inevitably will either have a question they want answered or extraordinary experience that motivates them to create an account ....

That restaurant and the owner are impeccable . The op may be blowing up his experience , and since i have had no comments on this forum or any other and live close by , i think this is a fishy opening and should be treated so .

Abuela

Bronze
May 13, 2006
That restaurant and the owner are impeccable . The op may be blowing up his experience , and since i have had no comments on this forum or any other and live close by , i think this is a fishy opening and should be treated so .

I agree with Arrugala;six of us ate there on the 14th and 4 had fish and we are all fine. I think its sad the op used their very first post to malign a business without proof. The op could have eaten or drunk something earlier in the day that made them sick.

chrisgy

Jan 15, 2013
You have a point that it is "fishy" :)... would have been nice if the OP had stuck around to respond

Status
Not open for further replies.