What About Your Saucepans? New DR book by our own Matilda!

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Our own Matilda has written a wonderful book about the DR, and the first copies are off the press and on their way to bookstores around the world. The official release date, ironically, is on 27 de Febrero, very serendipitous if you ask me. It's called "What About Your Saucepans", and I was privileged to read an advance copy of the book.

It's in a class by itself, this is no tour guide and no 'how to do DR' book. It is a non-fiction account of the events in her life over the past 10 or so years. To say it's a page-tuner doesn't do it justice. Although I already knew most of the incredible stories she relates, I was unable to put it down and go to bed. It's also an unvarnished insider's view of Dominican politics, the down and dirty underside of what goes on during elections. It's also an portrait view of Dominican life, culture and family.

Amazon.com has it available for preorder, and I understand there will be a Kindle version soon. I know it will available for purchase in the US, Canada and UK very soon, but I don't know those details yet.

Here's the link to the book, with some additional information:

What About Your Saucepans?: Lindsay De Feliz: 9781909193314: Amazon.com: Books

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
The book cover:

36598_338790296224883_2070796075_n.jpeg

Feb 4, 2013
Congraduations Matilda, will purchase a soon as available. Love non-fiction books, especially when they are related to my topics of interest. All info on the DR is appreciated, as I am hoping to make it my second home

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
This is something I will have to read. I am afraid that Pichardo will disapprove of it, but that is most likely the same as the Catholic Church banning viewers from watching sexy movies back in the 50s...more people went than ever before!!

I know some of the details in this amazing woman's life,so this should be a good read...

Thanks Matilda...

HB

Dicho y hecho!!
Order Number: 105-ccccccccc-6436256

1 item will be shipped to xxxx xxxxxxx (S-925) by Amazon.com. Estimated delivery: Mar. 4, 2013 - Mar. 6, 2013

Last edited:

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
Thank you so much Grace for the review and thank you HB for being one of the first to buy it. It was a long time in the writing and an even longer time to find a publisher prepared to take it.

It is not just a gentle memoir about upping sticks and moving abroad. It is about following your dreams (even though there are more than a few nightmares en route), finding your soul mate (your half an orange), life-changing moments, such as being shot, and fighting for what you believe in, even against incredible odds and appalling corruption. It is about the real Dominican Republic and real Dominicans. The great, the good, the bad and the downright ugly.

DR1 features throughout the book. Many posters on this forum, past and present are acknowledged for their support, some feature as characters throughout the book, and, amongst others, it is dedicated to DR1's own Lambada - Ginnie, who was my inspiration for writing it.

I hope many people buy it, and I hope that those who do will learn more about this amazing country and even more amazing people. If you do read it, please do post reviews, on Amazon and here.

Thanks

Matilda

DOMINCAN JOE

Bronze
Aug 15, 2006
I hope many people buy it, and I hope that those who do will learn more about this amazing country and even more amazing people. If you do read it, please do post reviews, on Amazon and here.

Thanks Matilda
Posted it on face book
http://www.dr1.com/forums/living/131034-what-about-your-saucepans-new-dr-book-our-own-matilda.html
What About Your Saucepans? New DR book by our own Matilda!
Dominican Republic News & Travel Information Service
Our own Matilda has written a wonderful book about the DR, and the first copies are off the press and on their way to bookstores around the world. The
Like ? ? Share ? Promote ? about a minute ago ?

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
I just ordered. Order Number: 106-xxxxxxx-0109xxx. Delivery between March 4-6. Sent to mom's house in the US. She is coming to visit for Easter so she can bring it then. I can't wait.....

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
Matilda maybe your next book can be the adventures of your little bodyguard....

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
I wish Matilda all the best but I don't understand the need of a gun on the cover.

Thank you for your good wishes Chip. If you read the book you will understand the need for the gun. The DR isn't all about rum, beaches, sunshine and palm trees - unfortunately.

Matilda

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
Thank you for your good wishes Chip. If you read the book you will understand the need for the gun. The DR isn't all about rum, beaches, sunshine and palm trees - unfortunately.

Matilda

With all due respect Matilda my life here in Santiago is only slightly less boring as it was in the States with the main difference being that I have more friends than I can shake a stick at.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
With all due respect Matilda my life here in Santiago is only slightly less boring as it was in the States with the main difference being that I have more friends than I can shake a stick at.

@Cheap - Then why don't you write a book and publish it with YOUR point of view?

RonS

Bronze
Oct 18, 2004
I just ordered my copy and can't wait to read it! Thanks Matilda! I know Lambada is delighted!

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
I was lucky enough to read WAYS (and a couple of earlier drafts) pre-publication and heartily recommend it!