A motorcycle off-road "rally" : FYI...

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
The guys on the big dirt bikes, 4 x 4 wheelers and 4 x 4 buggies (side by side) are going on a major weekend trip, I think, next weekend.

As I understand it, the trip starts in Santo Domingo on Friday and goes up to Constanza. Try and figure out how to get to Constanza without using any roads!
The following day they will be going around the Constanza area, and on Sunday they will return to Santo Domingo. The guys from Santiago will come back to Santiago, off-road..

If you are interested, and have some working knowledge of Spanish (but most of these guys are pretty fluent in English) let me know and I will get more information. As I understand it, it is the Armed Forces that is organizing this event..

HB

www.facebook.com/DominicanaOffroad

https://www.google.com.do/#hl=en&tb...3238,d.eWU&fp=f472957fdf1f111&biw=751&bih=331

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Here is something from the Dominicana Off Road page on FaceBook.

El Ministerio de las Fuerzas Armadas y el Quisqueya Auto Club anuncian el 14vo Rally Frontera 4x4 Aventura 2013, a celebrarse del 21 al 24 de Febrero del ano en curso, en conmemoraci?n del Bicentenario del natalicio de Juan Pablo Duarte y el sesquicentenario de la Restauraci?n.

Este es un evento internacional, el m?s importante en su categor?a, de car?cter familiar, tur?stico y competitivo, donde participaran equipos de Alemania, Italia, Puerto Rico, Hait? y por supuesto Republica Dominicana. Mas de 300 veh?culos todo terreno y mas de 1000 participantes recorrer?n en 4 d?as aproximadamente 1200 kms, cruzando por San Juan de la Maguana, Pedro Santana, Villa Anacaona, Restauraci?n, Capotillo, Dajab?n, La Ensenada y Santiago.

Apparently my original information was a fair bit off???

HB

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Here is something from the Dominicana Off Road page on FaceBook.

El Ministerio de las Fuerzas Armadas y el Quisqueya Auto Club anuncian el 14vo Rally Frontera 4x4 Aventura 2013, a celebrarse del 21 al 24 de Febrero del ano en curso, en conmemoraci?n del Bicentenario del natalicio de Juan Pablo Duarte y el sesquicentenario de la Restauraci?n.

Este es un evento internacional, el m?s importante en su categor?a, de car?cter familiar, tur?stico y competitivo, donde participaran equipos de Alemania, Italia, Puerto Rico, Hait? y por supuesto Republica Dominicana. Mas de 300 veh?culos todo terreno y mas de 1000 participantes recorrer?n en 4 d?as aproximadamente 1200 kms, cruzando por San Juan de la Maguana, Pedro Santana, Villa Anacaona, Restauraci?n, Capotillo, Dajab?n, La Ensenada y Santiago.

Apparently my original information was a fair bit off???

HB

what in Sam Hill is the MINISTRY OF THE ARMED FORCES doing mixed up in an off road motor rally?

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Get your bike, see the FB pages and go for it. Meeting here in Santiago Tomorrow. A heck of a way to make friends and meet new people...

HB

miozio

May 23, 2009
This would be so much fun. I love going off-road in this country but unfortunately not this time :( Thanks for the info about the club, I checked their FB page, cool guys!!

DR_Guy

Bronze
Feb 17, 2010
We got a team of 2 buggies, three quads and a motor cycle going from Maimon. Should be a blast!

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Hillbilly, is it just a get-together type of event, or is it like a real rally, wherein the better drivers actually win something?

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Gorgon: As I have read on the FB page it is a real rally....and looks to be exciting..

HB

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Gorgon: As I have read on the FB page it is a real rally....and looks to be exciting..

HB

thanks, HB. i guess it is something like a tropical Paris-Dakar. i have to check to see if there are spectator stages, and where. sorry to be a pest, but are you aware if there are?

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
This sounds like a good way to promote a better relationship between the military and the citizens. I just hope they're careful out there.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
This sounds like a good way to promote a better relationship between the military and the citizens. I just hope they're careful out there.

actually, Chip, the military and civilians generally do better when they are kept apart.