Budget Car Rental

robbie

Bronze
Aug 3, 2006
BARCELO AVE. KM 6 1/2, BAVARO
This is the address of the Budget Car Rental.
Where exactly is this? Im trying to picture this but drawing a blank:beard:

agw

Feb 14, 2010
I think it's just after you turn right onto Ave. Barcelo coming from the airport. Right before Plaza San Juan on the right.

robbie

Bronze
Aug 3, 2006
I think it's just after you turn right onto Ave. Barcelo coming from the airport. Right before Plaza San Juan on the right.
I was thinking its by the san Juan also, just cant remember if that was avis or budget

agw

Feb 14, 2010
I think Avis, Budget and Hertz are all sharing one building now. I'll check as I go by there today and confirm with you when I get home later.

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
They've got one at a shared office right next to Wendy's at the Village. Their other office is as you head away from the airport just AFTER Plaza San Juan on the right. The building connects with Bici Centro. Can't miss it.

robbie

Bronze
Aug 3, 2006
So Im guessing the place to pick up my car is the one right after Plaza San Juan. Thank you Kate
and the agw for checking for me :classic:

agw

Feb 14, 2010
They've got one at a shared office right next to Wendy's at the Village. Their other office is as you head away from the airport just AFTER Plaza San Juan on the right. The building connects with Bici Centro. Can't miss it.

That's it! I knew it was right around there somewhere!

CaptnGlenn

Silver
Mar 29, 2010
So Im guessing the place to pick up my car is the one right after Plaza San Juan. Thank you Kate
and the agw for checking for me :classic:

are you flying in??? or are you already in P.C.??? There is a Budget kiosk in the Rental Car room at the airport, and if you book the car in advance they'll have the car there for you ... or not. (in high season they have been known to run out of cars... a pain in the behind.)

[video=youtube;A7uvttu8ct0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7uvttu8ct0[/video]

robbie

Bronze
Aug 3, 2006
Thank you!
No I will be there in 2 weeks. I have always rented from Europcar but decided to try Budget this time
as we had some issues with Europcar that we arent happy about.
I choose not to pick it up at the airport because Im a woman travelling alone( I have done this many times to Punta Cana) and dont feel comfortable
being seen at the airport picking up a rental car and driving to our condo. Too much talk of people being followed
from airports. I will drop it off at the airport though when I leave :classic:

CaptnGlenn

Silver
Mar 29, 2010
the rentals are all the same rip off artists... add a percent here, a fee there... then you argue back and forth... but end up paying it anyway. It's the same old game. I use Budget because there is one guy there that (If I'm lucky enough for him to be on duty when I arrive), he'll honor the price as per the reservation ... BUT.. I've also been charged extra from other Budget agents. I've also been in the P.C. airport office where there are I think 5 or 6 desks of various rental companies, when there have been two other customers getting the same run around by other companies. welcome to paradise. LOL just have to laugh and move on.

I'm always a proponent of being safe, and proactive with precautions, but to be honest I think you'll be pretty safe regardless. You'd be just as likely to run into trouble getting from the airport to the budget office at Coco Loco... the chances are low that you'll have any problem either way... just seems that it's more convenient to get the car there at the airport, but do what makes you feel safe.

palmiche53

Dec 17, 2012
Europcar at the airport will automatically charge you US$30 for the sole reason that you get the car at the airport + all other taxes and fees they do charge. Your internet rental agreement shows that you are paying $22 x day but when the full bill comes your cost is $70 x day, theu use a very misleading way to entice you to rent and give the surprise at the end. I have rented a car but at time of PU they have only a car that was one step higher and what they did was to tell me to go to another location the next day to get my car class and return the other one.... this is hilarious, no respect for the customer. If you decide to rent in person without an internet reservation the minimum fee x day is us$95.

robbie

Bronze
Aug 3, 2006
Europcar at the airport will automatically charge you US$30 for the sole reason that you get the car at the airport + all other taxes and fees they do charge. Your internet rental agreement shows that you are paying $22 x day but when the full bill comes your cost is $70 x day, theu use a very misleading way to entice you to rent and give the surprise at the end. I have rented a car but at time of PU they have only a car that was one step higher and what they did was to tell me to go to another location the next day to get my car class and return the other one.... this is hilarious, no respect for the customer. If you decide to rent in person without an internet reservation the minimum fee x day is us$95.

Its true that if you reserve from the internet its much cheaper than going in to rent a car.
I did my reservation oline with Budget and picked up my car no problem at the location by San Juan
shopping center. The car has definately seen better days but its fine. Even the girl at the counter
said I got a good deal by reserving online. I am returning it earlier than I originally wanted, I have used
it for everything I wanted, and picking up a passola for a week from a friend, which I have done here before too. :cool: