XBOX Live USA?

Trainman33

Bronze
Dec 11, 2009
Is anyone on here able to access the USA Xbox Live service and rent movies, watch ESPN3.com broadcasts, etc.?
If so, how are you doing that?

Castle

Silver
Sep 1, 2012
Yes. Make sure your email account (hotmail.com, live.com) is configured as US-based. That's all it checks to let you in.

Trainman33

Bronze
Dec 11, 2009
Even if you are in the USA region, it will read that your IP is in the DR and you will not be able to access programs like I mentioned. If Claro had not changed the password on their routers from access code and serial number to something unknown I would be able to solve this issue.

Bigocean

Nov 25, 2010
Even if you are in the USA region, it will read that your IP is in the DR and you will not be able to access programs like I mentioned. If Claro had not changed the password on their routers from access code and serial number to something unknown I would be able to solve this issue.

I have a wireless router that connects through a VPN service in Miami. With this, we can use the Roku media device, xbox 360 and ps3 to connect with an IP address in the USA. My kids primarily use it for the Roku streaming Netflix, Hulu, Amazon prime, among others. It works very well even with a slower dsl connection.
A friend of mine just purchased the same type of setup already configured and is very happy with it. He bought it from a company call Sabai Technology (Sabai Technology VPN Routers).

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Use HideMyAss and share your connection over an adhoc wireless network.
You can then connect the XBox via WiFi to the adhoc network.

Very easy to do, many online tutorials on how to do this.