Tiles in the Dr.....

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
Hi guys, I live in Pop region countryside and have deceided to "tile/ceramic" my patio...... There s about 200 square meters that need doing. I was wondering if anybody knew what is charged mas o menos for that kind of work. I live in the middle of nearly nowhere and a guy has proposed to do it for like 20 0000pesos.( Im relatively confident of his work, cos have seen other houses where he worked and his uncle is an architect and happens to be the son of a well known local singer whos a friend of my wife and who erformed at our wedding.) I need 12 cubic meters of arena, and 60 ciment bags, total cost 22 000 pesos.
Im now checking out for ceramic in santiago, comparing prices and stuff.....

So if anyone has any ideas or pasr experinces I would be grateful if u could share them with me......
Thanks to everyone in advance.

P.s. I discovered dr1 a couple months ago, and have never opened a thread, and its full of useful information, thanks everyone....

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
Decent ceramic tile will cost RD350 to 450 and up. The rest of the cost is the cement and labor. Generally a skilled laborer would charge RD800 to RD1200 a day but it is always cheaper to negotiate contracts per job, or in Spanish "por ajuste".

Luperon

Who empowered China's crime against humanity?
Jun 28, 2004
200, 000 for labor?????????????? that sounds way high. Thats like 1000 pesos a day for 200 days!!!!!!!!!

Hi guys, I live in Pop region countryside and have deceided to "tile/ceramic" my patio...... There s about 200 square meters that need doing. I was wondering if anybody knew what is charged mas o menos for that kind of work. I live in the middle of nearly nowhere and a guy has proposed to do it for like 20 0000pesos.( Im relatively confident of his work, cos have seen other houses where he worked and his uncle is an architect and happens to be the son of a well known local singer whos a friend of my wife and who erformed at our wedding.) I need 12 cubic meters of arena, and 60 ciment bags, total cost 22 000 pesos.
Im now checking out for ceramic in santiago, comparing prices and stuff.....

So if anyone has any ideas or pasr experinces I would be grateful if u could share them with me......
Thanks to everyone in advance.

P.s. I discovered dr1 a couple months ago, and have never opened a thread, and its full of useful information, thanks everyone....

malko

Jan 12, 2013
sorry about that one zero too many I m3ant 20 000 peso, thanks for pointing out....

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
we had the floor done about two years ago. the price is about 200 pesos per square meter. more if you are doing borders and unusual shapes (diamond layout). so 20k for a 200 sq meter house is very little. we paid 38k or so for our house, similar size.

malko

Jan 12, 2013
ok thanks, this time its for outside, drive way, around the kiosk, through garden and around pool, etc.....so Im a bit less fussy than inside the house, got that done when we built the house and got a guy round from santiago( 70 km) one way and it was quite expensive. I ll keep my fingers crossed and try this guy and hang around them while they work......

Luperon

Jun 28, 2004
keep us posted on your search for tiles. I am interested in about 120 meters of similar tile.

retiree

Bronze
Jan 18, 2008
We bought porcelain tile from Merkhaven in Santiago for approx 500 pesos a square metre a few years ago. More expensive than a glazed clay tile.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i suggest you check out ochoa in santiago for tiles. they have a huge choice and always there is something on offer: selling the remaining stock, limited quantity left and so on. worth looking at.

Luperon

Jun 28, 2004
i suggest you check out ochoa in santiago for tiles. they have a huge choice and always there is something on offer: selling the remaining stock, limited quantity left and so on. worth looking at.

And dont forget to buy from the back table guys with someone who knows how to get the contractors discount.