Security Guard / casa

jeanchris

Bronze
Feb 27, 2012
Hi, I moved in recently in Arroyo Hondo.

I don't really know anybody I can trust to guard my house during night / while im not there.

Is there some compagny that can be trust that offer this kind of service ?

I don't have any arm or anything, I need someone that has one basicly.

May 12, 2005
If you decide to hire a guatchiman be very thorough in your screening process. Otherwise he will be the one you are trying to protect your home against.

jeanchris

Bronze
Feb 27, 2012
Yes thata what i heard

theres not a compagny that offer those servicd that you end up paying more but they kinda assure you you wont get ****?

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
Do you have any friends or neighbors nearby? Ask them who they use or contact a "professional "(sawed off shotgun) security company to do the job.

LTSTeve

jeanchris

Bronze
Feb 27, 2012
That's what i'm intersted in, since I don't really trust any1 I know here so far for that. I need some kind of company like u sayd LTSteve, can refer me to any?

thanks

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
a proper security company will cost you quite a lot of money every month. maybe you should consider a good alarm system? we had one installed recently and i definitely sleep better...

david_

Dec 8, 2012
I agree with dv8, an alarm system is a good idea. Even simple and inexpensive door and window alarms, the kind that make a very loud noise when activated, would help. Burglars generally don't like noise because it attracts too much attention. Of course the thing would be going off until you returned home, so that's a consideration to think about. But, there are also systems, for a little more money, that can be set up to call your cell phone when activated. Then you know it has gone off and can go back home quickly. Your neighbors would probably prefer this type also. Also, besides the window and door alarms mentioned above, you can buy inexpensive motion detection alarms. Without friends or family there to recommend someone, it may be like others have already said, too risky to hire your own watchman.

david_

Dec 8, 2012
all the natives are thieves and will steel your things!

That's funny, I haven't experienced that. Maybe I'm just lucky or maybe my things appear quite strong already, so "natives" as you call them, don't feel the need to "steel" them.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
an alarm system has several possible settings. one include a setup when you have a minute (sometimes less) from entry to deactivate the alarm. it will beep until you enter security code. then there is another one scanning the area and activating when detecting someone.
my tip is to get a decent system and a good company to install it. they will figure out the best setup for you, with sensors on doors, windows and inside. it does cost a bit but it is worth it. a basic system for a good size apartment should be about 20k pesos.