Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Bateria Usada Para Inversor

What should one consider a good price for a set of used good inverter batteries. Thanks.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Since one usually doesn't know how used it is, I would not pay more than 2k if they look in good external condition.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    Since one usually doesn't know how used it is, I would not pay more than 2k if they look in good external condition.
    Thanks for quick reply Castle

Each battery? $4000dr for 2?

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Personally I wouldn't buy used batteries. Even if they look good on the outside its the inside that counts. The plates may be corroded. Even tho they may hold a charge when you check them they may not hold they type of charge used in an inversor system. Slow discharge to power your lights and appliances. Just my opinion. Then again if you know where they are coming from and their history......

5. Likes KateP, cobraboy, drstock liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rogerjac View Post
    Personally I wouldn't buy used batteries. Even if they look good on the outside its the inside that counts. The plates may be corroded. Even tho they may hold a charge when you check them they may not hold they type of charge used in an inversor system. Slow discharge to power your lights and appliances. Just my opinion. Then again if you know where they are coming from and their history......
    thanks. This is an inquiry.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Alberto View Post
    Each battery? $4000dr for 2?
    A new battery costs between 4 and 5, depending on the brand. So I would not pay more than half that and hope for the best.
    It is true that getting used batteries is in general a bad idea, but I understand sometimes there's no other choice. I did once and got lucky, the batteries (4) lasted for about 3 years which is more than half the expected lifespan of new batteries.