Bravo Supermarket: Sunday Closed?

Koreano

Bronze
Jan 18, 2012
Yesterday, We went to Bravo in Santiago and the sign on the door said Store is closed on Sunday. I didn't realize they were closed on Sunday as I only went there once briefly and it was on Saturday afternoon to see what was all the fuss was about. So is all Bravo closed for Sunday or it's the temporary thing? I guess I'll have to stop by on Wed. to check out the pet store and the supermarket fully.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Yes, they are closed on Sundays for religious reasons.
?Por qu? no abren los supermercados los Domingos?

Porque dedicamos el Domingo para nuestro se?or Jesucristo.

Inicio
They also have policies on alcohol and cigarette sales for religious and health reasons.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
wednesday is a national holiday, so it happens. i do not know whether shops will be open and if yes, what will be the closing time. better make it on some other day, especially if you need to drive. unless someone can reassure you bravo will be open on that day.

how's the kitten doing? everyone happy?

check the fancy shmancy section close to the entrance. they have lots of organic and special products, maybe you will find some asian stuff you love and miss? just by that section they also have fresh cheese, made on the spot. very nice. give it a go!

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
I was there last Sunday around 5:00 or 5:30 and they were open...I made a mental note that they stay open later than Nacional on Sundays...

Could have been because of the last Sunday in Feb/Carnaval?

Koreano

Bronze
Jan 18, 2012
wednesday is a national holiday, so it happens. i do not know whether shops will be open and if yes, what will be the closing time. better make it on some other day, especially if you need to drive. unless someone can reassure you bravo will be open on that day.

how's the kitten doing? everyone happy?

check the fancy shmancy section close to the entrance. they have lots of organic and special products, maybe you will find some asian stuff you love and miss? just by that section they also have fresh cheese, made on the spot. very nice. give it a go!
This picture will talk volume.
pic2_zps9fb70c12.jpg

pic1_zps0c807b01.jpg

It's Koreano Jr. and Nabi.

On Friday Nabi decided to escape while my wife was paying for Pizza, on Saturday night he decide to comeback and started to meowing in front of our door. My guess is he had very rough 1 1/2 day because he seems less eager to escape. He's been eating like no tomorrow though. I told my wife to limit he's diet to three serving per day.

Great tips on Bravo.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
both so cute! i'm glad you all turned out to be cat people after all :)
do not limit the food for the kitty thou. when small they need a lot. nabi is also burning a lot, running around and playing, so this is fine. and i noticed many cats here eat like crazy, maybe it's not having too much food before being homed?

sayanora

Silver
Feb 22, 2012
Best day to go to Bravo is tuesday, 36% discount on all fruits and vegetables, the big thing about bravo being that they actually discount imported stuff too unlike other supermarkets. they also had sabretts hotdogs on a 2x1 sale and i bought 25 packs of em. I am watching prices raise on all my favorite products tho so that's a bit of a bummer.

Koreano

Bronze
Jan 18, 2012
both so cute! i'm glad you all turned out to be cat people after all :)
do not limit the food for the kitty thou. when small they need a lot. nabi is also burning a lot, running around and playing, so this is fine. and i noticed many cats here eat like crazy, maybe it's not having too much food before being homed?
Will do...
I just didn't want a fat lazy cat. I wanted playful good hunting cat. :p
But healthy comes first...
I have lifted 3 serving per day limit for now and went back to all he can eat...

Koreano

Bronze
Jan 18, 2012
Best day to go to Bravo is tuesday, 36% discount on all fruits and vegetables, the big thing about bravo being that they actually discount imported stuff too unlike other supermarkets. they also had sabretts hotdogs on a 2x1 sale and i bought 25 packs of em. I am watching prices raise on all my favorite products tho so that's a bit of a bummer.
Great advice.
I'll pass on this information to my wife...

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
it's only for now, koreano. there are serving guidelines for cats in general (whatever number of cups a day) but small kitties are growing at a very fast rate and they need lots of fuel. a kitty, on average, can eat even twice as much as a adult cat. and three times a day is fine as long as there is enough food in one go. i never limited food intake of my cats. i give them food in the morning and evening and fill the bowl during the day if it is empty. water is very important too. give him fresh water twice a day. wash the bowls. use metal or glass, plastic often breeds bacteria.

let your son (cutie, btw) play with nabi a lot, they will both enjoy the time together and the kitty will be kept in tip top shape.

good hunting tip: when you see a cucaracha don't smack it with a chankleta, bring the kitty and show him the critter. he will hunt it down. expect to have him chase the roach around the house and play the stiff body in your bedroom thou :)