Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Weird cold...

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Weird cold...

I have never seen anything like this...
    This is so weird because I was never sick this frequently and speed of this cold. I was fine couple of hours ago and boom. I have all the nasty symptoms of cold, minus high temperature. It seems like my son is getting same cold as well and my wife seems fine through this. Is this tropical thing or am I looking into going through another dangue feaver?

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

While it could be something else, it sounds like the flu which is especially bad this year. By all means see a doctor.

Normally the flu produces a high temperature. No reason to not find out more.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

I guess I have no choice but to see a doctor, if my symptoms equals the other two I went through. My son and I can't survive this country, if this continues. I can't survive here if I go though two dangue fevers a year. Given my symptoms some how a bit tolerable then other mentioned and no life threatening as doctor says. You never know this time it could be bad one...

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

you know, get a proper checkup with blood, urine and poo tests. it may be that you have some gastrointestinal issues that are weighing in on your general health by messing up your immunity. this winter has been bad for my entire family here with lots of bad colds and lung problems. turned out they some family members had other infections in the stomach and intestines that played a major part here.

also, check for anemia. even if you think you eat well it may be that with tummy problems you are not getting enough nutrients. especially important with your son as he is growing and needs a lot of good stuff to develop well.

also, prepare for the cold don't be fooled by blue sky and the palm trees if you feel a bit cold put on your socks and long sleeves. no reason to feel silly about it

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

I seems like allergy. I suffer all the time from allergies here in DR. Looks like a cold, but without the fever.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

There is a virus that is going around that seems to cause only head colds. I have it and feel bad but no fever - but will still go to the gym.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by windeguy View Post
    While it could be something else, it sounds like the flu which is especially bad this year. By all means see a doctor.

Normally the flu produces a high temperature. No reason to not find out more.
    Do most people here go to a Dr if they have cold/flu symptoms?

Why I ask is b/c in Canada people would go to the Dr or ER for any little thing and it drove me even more NUTS than I already am. Waste of Taxpayers $$$$$$!!! I also worked in a field where services were always abused....
    Last edited by Harleysrock; 02-25-2013 at 04:57 PM.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Harleysrock View Post
    they go directly to the pharmacy to happily medicate themselves. i do the same, actually. i get some cold meds because they make me sleepy and i combine them with hot water with lemon, ginger and honey. i am dragged to the doctor only if i do not get better after few weeks.

9. Likes Harleysrock liked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Harleysrock View Post
    My gf always wants to but I've encouraged her to not waste the time(not an issue of money, as she has good health coverage) as they're just gonna give you decongestant/expectorant and acetaminophen/ibuprofen anyway. So now she rides it out. It has been an exceptionally bad year for cold and flu.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

The thing about cold for me is every 2-3 year I go though cold but that was it. I try to rough it out for few days but if the cold doesn't go away, I just take Nyquil for 2-3 days and nights on weekend after that I was fresh ready to battle on Monday. But cold and flu here seems different and NyQuil doesn't seems to help and wow do I feel miserable right now?!?!

I'll take one tonight and see how I feel tomorrow. If I don't feel any better I am going to take a day off and sip more NyQuil through holiday. And Doctor and blood test would be after that.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast