Luthier needed for Acoustic Guitar Repair

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I am trying to help someone with a broken Taylor guitar (about 700 Euros in value) . The guitar was damaged on his flight to the north coast from South America. The soundboard (top) of the guitar was damaged and has broken free from the body of the guitar. The body also suffered some damage.

Any information on someone qualified to repair such a guitar would be appreciated.

AndyAndy

Mar 13, 2009
Luthier MANOLO JORGE TEL: (809) 971-6806
DIRECCI?N: * - Santiago - Rep?blica Dominicana C?DIGO POSTAL:
E-MAIL: mjorgeluthier@hotmail.com
OBSERVACIONES: REPARACIONES Y CONSTRUCCION DE GUITARRAS, VIOLINES, VIOLONCHELOS

This guy was advised to me, though I havent tried his service yet.

Good luck with the Taylor!

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
I am trying to help someone with a broken Taylor guitar (about 700 Euros in value) . The guitar was damaged on his flight to the north coast from South America. The soundboard (top) of the guitar was damaged and has broken free from the body of the guitar. The body also suffered some damage.

Any information on someone qualified to repair such a guitar would be appreciated.

would it not be better to get someone to take it to a luthier such as Sadowsky, rather than have some guy dicking around with a Taylor? 700 euro is good money to take risks with, no?

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I appreciate the response. but some local glue got it working and the client is long since gone. It was well protecting but nothing can withstand this:

[video=youtube;B2ZeIoLz8FE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2ZeIoLz8FE[/video]

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
The odd thing about that guitar being damaged was that it was in a well made hard shell case that had no signs of damage or abuse. It was as if someone opened the case and deliberately damaged the guitar. I cannot see how the type of damage it had could have been done while it was inside the case.