Corned Beef

BostonMary

May 18, 2002
Does anyone know where I can buy a corned beef in POP? If not do you know where I can buy a brisket which I can corn?
Thanks

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
Find a local butcher and ask if they can provide that for you. I live in LT and have never seen this but it doesn't mean that someone, somewhere has not come across this. If you have any German butchers in the area you might have a better shot there. Good luck. Corn beef and Cabbage...........mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!!!!!!!!!

LTSteve

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
Does anyone know where I can buy a corned beef in POP? If not do you know where I can buy a brisket which I can corn?
Thanks

Corned beef is next to impossible to bring into the DR.

It is not sold anywhere.

If you like the Dominican beef you can try corning that or try the imported Churasco from the U.S

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
Pecho (de res) should be brisket, and they have the cut in the meat section of most supermarkets...I've never tried it though...could work well for corned beef, let us know if you try it...

munch1961

Apr 21, 2012
You will not find corned beef in the DR , i have had the corned beef at Oshays and it was not what i am used too incorned beef. I ended up making my own , it was tough to find brisket that had not been trimmed of all the fat , had to put together my own spices , but after 7 days of brining mmmmmmm !!!!!!

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
Jose OShays in Cabarate usually has Corned Beef and Cabbage.

They have it now but only for Reuben sandwhiches but they are not offering the corned beef with cabbage as a dinner.

Reuben Sandwich Recipe - CHOW

Hopefully there will be plenty for ST. Paddy's day but if not I have a 4lb Kosher Corned Beef in My freezer for emergency purposes.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Big Lou usually serves authentic corned beef and cabbage with potato for St Paddy's Day.
A few years ago, the local trannys even had green hats.

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
Big Lou usually serves authentic corned beef and cabbage with potato for St Paddy's Day.
A few years ago, the local trannys even had green hats.

Lou is back in town and the Shark Bar is open on weekends so........Where"s The Corned BEEF !

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
I know a guy, who knows a guy who can take care of your problem, but it will cost ya. Meet me at the Gazebo in POP at 12 noon. Come alone. I will be wearing a panama hat, stripe shirt, plaid shorts, black socks, sandals and kodak instamatic camera around my shoulder. We can discuss the cost of "importing" the item you are looking for. If you need your fix than I'm assuming price is not an issue. Do you want any sides with that? That will be additional. If we come to an "agreement"we can arrange a drop in 24 hours. Don't try to contact me. Remember come alone and wear a "Kiss me I'm Irish" t shirt. May you be in heaven a half hour before the devil knows you are dead.

LTO'Steve

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Tambo....at $350 per tin it is more likely to be put in a safe deposit box than eaten!

I get it, us Yanks do not consider that a food item on this side of the pond.
Buy a brisket at Carneceria Bavaria, and corn your own .

Britcouple

Aug 13, 2009
I get it, us Yanks do not consider that a food item on this side of the pond.
Buy a brisket at Carneceria Bavaria, and corn your own .

Shall we just say my knowledge of cooking is ermmm 'limited' I think we have a kitchen in our house, but i couldn't say I have been actively looking for it in the last 3 years! Although there is an area my wife visits everyday and always seems to appear with a tasty morsel or two!
PS.... not that keen on corned dog, as we brits call it, myself either!