Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Explosion in Santiago

We just heard a loud explosion at our house. Smoke was seen in the area of 27 fevrero and estella saldalha. Fire trucks heard soon after. Any ideas what it was?????

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

The smoke is actually drifting in from the mountains, it looks like something is on fire in the Calle Del Jobo area of the start of the mountains to the north.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Actually it was a late model ford pickup truck. 4 doors. Propane tank exploded and demolished the truck as well as damaging the house next to the scene. Nothing left of the interior or the rear of the truck. No injuries. Just around the corner from Antonio ocha motors. I got a video but am having trouble loading it.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

what the heck? not that long ago i was at home here in costambar (POP) when i heard a loud hiss followed by even louder bang. a column of smoke indicated that the scene of the accident was just one street away. a gas tank exploded in the back of a small pickup, some dude collecting bottles, i believe. the pickup burnt to a nice charred crisp: no interior, no tires, nothing non-metallic left. no, wait, there was: pieces of presidente bottles on the back on the truck. broken and melted into nice flat dali inspired shapes...

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

what the heck? not that long ago i was at home here in costambar (POP) when i heard a loud hiss followed by even louder bang. a column of smoke indicated that the scene of the accident was just one street away. a gas tank exploded in the back of a small pickup, some dude collecting bottles, i believe. the pickup burnt to a nice charred crisp: no interior, no tires, nothing non-metallic left. no, wait, there was: pieces of presidente bottles on the back on the truck. broken and melted into nice flat dali inspired shapes...
    must be a common occurrence. Im about half mile away from our explosion and it was pretty loud. Just another reason why I don't like propane in cars....

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

one of these fine days, there is going to be a real tragedy with these makeshift propane conversions. any guy with a screwdriver can do this stuff. no certification of repairmen needed. one of these 15 passenger buses carrying 30 people is going to go kaboom, and it is going to be really ugly.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by the gorgon View Post
    one of these fine days, there is going to be a real tragedy with these makeshift propane conversions. any guy with a screwdriver can do this stuff. no certification of repairmen needed. one of these 15 passenger buses carrying 30 people is going to go kaboom, and it is going to be really ugly.
    Rolling bombs

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast