Samana City to Sosua

Lucian

Jan 25, 2008
Is there bus service available from Samana City to Sosua? Caribe Tours site says that this service is not available. Any recommendation on a budget hotel in Samana would be most welcome.

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
I am not sure on a bus directly from Samana City but there is a bus that leaves Las Terrenas at 6:30AM and goes to Puerta Plata. This is run by Transporte Las Terrenas. If you want their phone number go to wwwlt7.com.(local LT newspaper) click to add on last page at bottom. Also for budget hotels google hotels Samana City. There is a hotel on the hill called Hotel China which advertises at $55.00 a night and has a decent restaurant and nice view of the bay. Good luck.

LTSteve

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Is there bus service available from Samana City to Sosua? Caribe Tours site says that this service is not available. Any recommendation on a budget hotel in Samana would be most welcome.

Yes, there are at least 2 buses that go from Samana City to Puerto Plata, dropping off and picking up passengers along the way. I have taken the bus often between Sosua and Samana. One bus leaves Samana in the morning, another at 2 pm in the afternoon. The people in Samana can tell you the time and where to get the bus.

philosopher

Jul 7, 2010

If you go to Nagua (sp?), Caribe Tours departs from there and goes directly to Charimicos, five minutes outside of Sosua.

Lucian

Jan 25, 2008
Thanks to all for your help. It seems that I will be doing some whale watching this weekend.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Thanks to all for your help. It seems that I will be doing some whale watching this weekend.

For whale watching, nobody better than Kim Beddall of Whale Samana. She is the one who started whale watching in Samana. You can ask her about buses leaving Samana for POP. She will give you all the details.

Markhill

Nov 24, 2012
Going the other way. Sosua to samana. Where do I catch the bus? What time does it leave? Looking to head over there Tomorrow. Thanks for any info December I took the Gua Gua's from las teranas to pop that was fun for this Canadian.
Mark

Markhill

Nov 24, 2012
Going the other way. Sosua to samana. Where do I catch the bus? What time does it leave? Looking to head over there Tomorrow. Thanks for any info December I took the Gua Gua's from las teranas to pop that was fun for this Canadian.
Mark
Since I did not get any response and could not find info decided to go to sd a visit then head over.
From Samana took the smaller bus which goes to pop. I took the 10:30 bus from the park. It is located across from the first excusion boats, in between Kim's whale watching and banco popular on the popular side. It left at 11:00. They yell out pop and sit for a while. There is another bus that leaves 2:00-230.