Great Pool Building Company

I just had a 15 X 15 infinity edge pool built by Paradise Pools and they did an awesome job! Walter the owner is American and has been building pools for over 30 years.
I emailed him before I moved to the DR and was a little nervous about just anyone doing the work. 2 weeks after I arrived he came to look at my property and had a better idea than what i had imagined, 3 days later they started work on the pool and finished 2 weeks after that and on budget.
I had a great experience working with him, his wife and son who were on site every day to make sure the pool was just right.
They drove me around to get the right pool cleaning supplies and gave me a crash course on what to know about living in the DR, which was priceless!!!
I can't say enough good things about Walter and his Company. If you need a pool restored, fixed or built look them up at: dominicanpools.com

No i am not getting paid for this! I am just a really happy customer that wants to help other people to find a good, reliable Pool Building Company in the DR! :D

May 8, 2009
Cure time for concrete before tile/stone

I just had a 15 X 15 infinity edge pool built by Paradise Pools and they did an awesome job! Walter the owner is American and has been building pools for over 30 years.
I emailed him before I moved to the DR and was a little nervous about just anyone doing the work. 2 weeks after I arrived he came to look at my property and had a better idea than what i had imagined, 3 days later they started work on the pool and finished 2 weeks after that and on budget.
I had a great experience working with him, his wife and son who were on site every day to make sure the pool was just right.
They drove me around to get the right pool cleaning supplies and gave me a crash course on what to know about living in the DR, which was priceless!!!
I can't say enough good things about Walter and his Company. If you need a pool restored, fixed or built look them up at: dominicanpools.com

No i am not getting paid for this! I am just a really happy customer that wants to help other people to find a good, reliable Pool Building Company in the DR! :D

Just our of curiosity, did you have any tile or stone installed at the waterline?

CC

May 8, 2009
Curing time for concrete

Well where the tile is the water hasn't gone on yet b/c i haven't filled the water to the top yet so i'm not worried about it, Ty for your concern though!

If I understand you correctly, the tile is on and the pool is still filling with water?

The reason to wait 28 days for the shell to cure is stated on the link, and doesn't have to do with filling the pool with water, as the same would apply to tile on the floor of a house. The link says-

'The longer you can wait before tiling, the less stress that will be applied to the tile by the concrete. Also, should the concrete crack, the crack can be treated (with an anti-fracture membrane) before it is tiled. If curling occurs (and it often does), the concrete can be ground before it is tiled. Tiling before the curling occurs can cause undesirable debonding of the tile and lippage between adjoining tiles.'

Independently of when water goes into the pool, it is recommended to wait 28 days before tiling new concrete. A possible result of not waiting could be hollow tiles or tiles that simply pop off.

It's good for the homeowner, pool owner, etc. to know these details just in case the builder doesn't as is the case with many builders here in the DR. If your pool has been tiled within the recommended waiting time, take this information to the builder and see how long he guarantees the tile work to be problem-free, and what he will do for you if tiles start popping of after he is long gone.

Cc

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
I guess filling swimming Pools is sort of like "Filling" Dominicanas,
After they have a baby, they have to wait 28 days before washing their hair, or having sexual relations.(Filling????) :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
There is an old joke here about a guy who is rushing home from work, a co-worker asks, "What's Your Hurry??"
The guy just shouts back, "Day 28, Day 28"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Think he was talking about his swimming pool???
"Naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!"
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

DOMINCAN JOE

Bronze
Aug 15, 2006
This looks good
AquaClimb+Poolside+Climbing+Wall.jpg

Most Awesome Daily Updates

May 22, 2006
Paradise Pools ... they are verry good. They buid my pool in 12 days, from May 6 to May 17 2013. 7m x 4m, max. depth 1.75m. They stay all day long
behind the workers from 7.30am to 5.30pm every day from Monday to Sunday (7 days). Excelent job + some extra to make me more happy.
So, if you need a excelent quality pool builded in time and budget go to Paradise Pool site and contact Walter.

wayne

Dec 25, 2003
Paradise Pools ... they are verry good. They buid my pool in 12 days, from May 6 to May 17 2013. 7m x 4m, max. depth 1.75m. They stay all day long
behind the workers from 7.30am to 5.30pm every day from Monday to Sunday (7 days). Excelent job + some extra to make me more happy.
So, if you need a excelent quality pool builded in time and budget go to Paradise Pool site and contact Walter.
What was the price? Did you install an energy efficient pump and chemical free sterilization system? I'm currently building a 3.5m x 6m with 1.2 meters depth and the cost will be around $6500.00 including the deck area and the aforementioned equipment.