Residency Renewal Delays?

mambodog

Feb 29, 2008
Another recent thread reported that Imigracion is stating that cards for renewed residency will be available 10 working days after the medical test has been taken. This is also what I was told when I went to SD for my medical on 4 December, but I am still waiting!

Repeated requests to my lawyer about progress have merely got the response that the Immigration Office is "a bit slow".

I should be very grateful to receive any information from other recent applicants for renewal about their experience of the time taken between the medical test and the issue of the new card.

Just for clarification, I asking about renewal of permanent residency which was first granted some years ago, not about changing from temporary to permanent residency.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Medical tests came back within 10 days, then I went in 2-3 days later, did the photos, paper work etc and walked out with my permanent residency renewal 2 hrs later.
This was about 3 weeks ago.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
it may be the date. hardly anything in DR is done in december with double wages, then holidays, and then lots of drinking and having fun :) government offices are up and running full steam late january. so maybe they are doing residencies arriving now and a little bit of those that are pending. and thus your application has not been processed yet.

Alltimegreat

Nov 16, 2012
Another recent thread reported that Imigracion is stating that cards for renewed residency will be available 10 working days after the medical test has been taken. This is also what I was told when I went to SD for my medical on 4 December, but I am still waiting!

Repeated requests to my lawyer about progress have merely got the response that the Immigration Office is "a bit slow".

I should be very grateful to receive any information from other recent applicants for renewal about their experience of the time taken between the medical test and the issue of the new card.

Just for clarification, I asking about renewal of permanent residency which was first granted some years ago, not about changing from temporary to permanent residency.

I went for the medical tests to renew my permanent residency (which I've also had for a few years) in the first week of February. I have not heard back from my lawyer yet about the test results. I was told 10 business days on the day of the medical exam.

Expat13

Silver
Jun 7, 2008
Whats the amount one needs to have in a DR Bank to establish economic solvency when pursuing residency? do you need a bank letter?

Expat13

Silver
Jun 7, 2008
I am renewing temp residency as is the "new order" Going through it now. All that is required of me is;
Passport, previous cedula, temp residency card, new fotos, and a letter proving economic solvency. Now this is using the same lawyer i used last year who has my other apostatized documents in her file. No medical exam this time around she says!

bayaguanaman

Oct 22, 2009
Did mine yesterday, nothing mentioned or required about solvency. They should know anyway, there deducting tax from the monthly payments received these days.

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
Ten Business Days

The medical wait,(not including the exam day) is ten days = ten business days, not weekend days. PJT had his med exams on the 20th of Feb and returned on the 7th of March (noting Feb 27 was not a business day) to obtain the results of the exams. The results were approved. PJT deposited his paperwork on the 7th and received his residency card the same day.

Regards,

PJT

PS, If you want to get through the organized chaos at migration with less stress, arrive there early in the morning at opening 8am. Sit in the front rows of waiting area so you can hear your name or number called over the din, you will get processed faster and get the heck out quicker.

roymustang9

Nov 6, 2012
Read the many threads on this.

They have made lots of changes to the rules.

Police check
Medical
Solvency
etc etc etc....

This is such a useless comment. Either, you provide the information, or give the link to the sticky/ place which has this information. The search tool is crap on the forums.

May 22, 2006
So, if I understand corectely, the blod, urine and X-Ray are done in the same place... and the delay is 10 working days (maybe more). Where you take the the police check? They nide some time to give you that?

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
Blood and urine test is done on site. Chest x-ray is done off-site. Please be aware due to the organized chaos of migration, you pay for your medical tests, RD$4,500 , at one of the first four cajas. Then you wait for your name to be called to go to exam room #4. Because the wait could be long in the main waiting area and in the wait area of the exam room provide yourself with ample hydration for your urine specimen. There is a water dispenser in the exam area. However, the government does not provide cups. There is a cafeteria at the rear entrance of the building where you may obtain bottled water or other beverage.

Regards,

PJT

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
The x-ray is performed at a clinic Gomez Patino on Av Independencia near the Palacio de Bellas Artes. After your blood and urine tests the medical department provides the clinic address for you, should there be a change in location. The government does switch clinics on occasion. Very important, guard the receipt of payment for your medical exam. The receipt includes the cost of the x-ray and is the ticket for the exam, just present it at the clinic. It is also the proof for you to obtain the exam results after your ten business day wait. No tickee no shirtee.

Regards,

PJT

May 22, 2006
OK. For the medical its clear. I can doit my self. The problem is the police check... I live in Soua area. I can have it there... and
where... thanks again.

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
One of the locals may steer you in the proper location. You need to go to the BanReservas and pay RD $330 tax for the police check, "Cetificacion de No antecedentes penales". You present the tax payment receipt at the location preparing the form for you.

Regards,

PJT

May 22, 2006
PTJ, you are realy helpfull. Last question... You know how much time the medicals(in special) and police papers are valid...
I am back in DR in May and December...and if I will do all these in May and pick-up the cards in December...
Regards,
MG