Las Terrenas golf course

Apr 10, 2012
Las Terrenas
Does any one have first-hand knowledge of the golf course that was started but is in limbo in Las Terrenas? :surprised

Squat

Tropical geek in Las Terrenas
Jan 1, 2002
So you are indeed aware this golf course is in limbo ;)

Apr 10, 2012
Las Terrenas
Ofcourse, I was checking to see if anyone knew of the particulars or updates on it.

To encourage more tourism to the area, it would sure help.

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
The golf course is dead in the water, or shall we say swamp. Work was begun a couple of years ago and some holes were in stages of development but then along came the old who owns what land and who can prove it. That halted things in their tracks and for all intense and purposes this project is terminado. There were rumors last year of an investment group trying to build a course in an alternate site out past Portillo, around Barbacoa. The Samana Peninsula desperately needs a golf course but with the amount of "seed" money needed and cost of operations the odds are it could be a while yet. I have not heard of anything definite. The hope was that maybe the developers of Balcones del Atlantico would did into their deep pockets and start the ball rolling. FORE!

LTSteve

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
There have been many things done in LT mainly by the Tourism Ministry, all new sidewalks, paver stone road down the beach, new Fisherman's Village, better control and pick up of garbage, children's playground at the Gazebo and other projects, such as, a mew municipal building. There has been a lot of development and progress in the 6 years I have known the town.

LTSteve

RonS

Bronze
Oct 18, 2004
Some of us who have traveled to LT for a number of years lament the loss of the unpaved roads and the 'tranquilo' that I thought defined LT. But I knew when I first visited that everyone else found paradise it would not be the same. As much as I hate to admit it though, LT has improved. I disagree with Bob. That stoned paved road along the beach is beautiful and appears to provide good drainage. And the new condos don't seem overwhelming. I am really looking forward to getting back in a few months to see what has been done after the fire in the Fisherman's Village. The one important thing that concerns me is just how much the improvements benefit Dominicans.

Apr 10, 2012
Las Terrenas
Sensible and measured, slow-growth economic development would ultimately benefit the Dominicans, directly and indirectly.

However, that starts with good infrastructure. For example, the roads in Las Terrenas are in poor shape compared to other coastal communities. Maybe, one day...

Squat

Tropical geek in Las Terrenas
Jan 1, 2002
Sensible and measured, slow-growth economic development would ultimately benefit the Dominicans, directly and indirectly.

However, that starts with good infrastructure. For example, the roads in Las Terrenas are in poor shape compared to other coastal communities. Maybe, one day...
You should have seen those roads some years ago!!! It looks like Switzerland now ;)