Rules Of The Road Reminder For DR Drivers

May 12, 2005
480856_579101488768180_1268893280_n.jpg

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Un imb?cil, or as Mr C would say - burro de dos patas or animal con ropa.

InsanelyOne

Bronze
Oct 21, 2008
There is an error in that graphic. No dominican would use their turn signal.

The first thing I learned to do when I got here is to look to my left when stopped to make a left turn. I've averted several crashes where some idiot decided to pass me on the left when I was making a left turn.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
this is so dumb. you don't try to enter the right hand turn line because those evil minded drivers who are already there will never let you in. no. you go all the way to the front and make a sharp right turn right in front on the car that is first in line. and you will know when because you have already cut his view of the traffic incoming from the left.

it's like you guys do not drive here at all! tut, tut, tut!

Lothario666

Bronze
Oct 16, 2012
Remember,

when you are about to make that right turn to look to the right because there's a good chance someone is in the lane you are about to turn into, coming toward you to turn left from the wrong lane.

"R"

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
it's most likely a moto with a full gas bottle and a pregnant mother with two kids, 14 shopping bags and live chicken.

Lobo Tropical

Silver
Aug 21, 2010
Before driving in the DR take driving lessons in:
India,Bangladesh,Turkey,Rome and Paris!
Remember you are surrounded, expect the unexpected!
Watch for motos and potholes.
Driving is like a life video game.:classic:

Lothario666

Bronze
Oct 16, 2012
Before driving in the DR take driving lessons in:
India,Bangladesh,Turkey,Rome and Paris!
Remember you are surrounded, expect the unexpected!
Watch for motos and potholes.
Driving is like a life video game.:classic:

Bumper Cars, only you are not allowed to hit the other Bumper car.

"R"

Castle

Silver
Sep 1, 2012
That guy is a loser, he could have waited to get to the corner to make the right turn, what's the rush?

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Thanks frank!!!
Just as soon as all the Dominicans have a chance to see that Public Service Notice, our problems will be over.
All it takes is a little education.
Look how well the "No A La Violencia" campaign has worked!
I think I will have to leave the DR very soon, it's becoming a "Garden of Eden"!!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
this is so dumb. you don't try to enter the right hand turn line because those evil minded drivers who are already there will never let you in. no. you go all the way to the front and make a sharp right turn right in front on the car that is first in line. and you will know when because you have already cut his view of the traffic incoming from the left.

it's like you guys do not drive here at all! tut, tut, tut!

This is actually what I thought when I saw this picture, the imbeciles are the ones that won't let you in, so if I have to fight to get in, I better fight at the front end of the line, right?

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
I think one of Darwin's theories is the larger vehicle has the right of way in the DR. That way Jose Darwin Ortega. Sadly, he is no longer with us. He drove a motor bike and didn't practice what he preached.

LTSTeve