Monte Alto Coffee

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
On a trip to Playero earlier this week, I was pleased to find an abundance of this coffee brand..... both the Organic and the regular versions.

In my experience this small brand has been difficult to find - I rely on a secret source for my supply.

It is grown and processed in Jarabacoa by the Olivo family...... excellent coffee.

I suggest you try it if you are unfamiliar with it.

Please some more for me......

WW

robbie

Bronze
Aug 3, 2006
Does anyone know where to get it in Punta Cana? When L'Torpedo was open Elisabet and Lana carried it.

agw

Feb 14, 2010
It's in both National and Super Pola in Bavaro/Punta Cana right now! I just bought both organic and regular today to take home with me as a treat for the office, and it didn't even cost much more than the Santo Domingo brand. I guess I have to stop on the way to the airport tomorrow if I can fit more in!

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
On a trip to Playero earlier this week, I was pleased to find an abundance of this coffee brand..... both the Organic and the regular versions.

In my experience this small brand has been difficult to find - I rely on a secret source for my supply.

It is grown and processed in Jarabacoa by the Olivo family...... excellent coffee.

I suggest you try it if you are unfamiliar with it.

Please some more for me......

WW

The coffee is produced by Belarminio Ramirez y Hijos. The Olivo are relatives. There is an abundance of it in the stores in Jarabacoa. Very good coffee. I always take some back to Canada to give to family.

bronzeallspice

Live everyday like it's your last
Mar 26, 2012
I will give this coffee a try, will put on my shopping list to buy next time.

Uptrend

Mar 8, 2009
Is this the coffee with cocoa,,,,,forgot the brand, but it was mentioned in a post receently.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
you are talking monte real which i love. monte alta is also good, we buy organic version sometimes.

charlie&ziggy

Mar 1, 2009
Is there anywhere to find it on or around the North Coast? I will be in Costambar but with a vehicle and will be out and about. Please let me know if possible Thanx all

bronzeallspice

Mar 26, 2012
I must give Monte Real a try also as I've heard from some posters that it's made with chocolate.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
These coffees are outstanding. So is the Oliva Family Coffee. There is also a coffee that is not available in the northern part of the country called Caf? Melo..It might be available in Santo Domingo. They are a major supplier to INDUBAN, the makers of Caf? Santo Domingo. However, they have their own Organic coffee, mountain grown, which is totally delicious.

The Ramirez product is certainly worth the effort to find. You should probably use 1/2 or 2/3 of what you would with "regular" Santo Domingo coffee.

Let us hope and pray that the rust virus can be controlled and that this year's crop is at least of "modest" size....

Cordially,

HB

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
Is there anywhere to find it on or around the North Coast? I will be in Costambar but with a vehicle and will be out and about. Please let me know if possible Thanx all

Playero had a huge supply of it last week, regular and organic, 8 and 16 oz bags.

Monte Real has a "hint" of cocoa in it, Monte Alto does not.

bronzeallspice

Mar 26, 2012
When I visit relatives in Southern New Jersey I go to Wawa and buy a large chocolate
macadamia nut flavored coffee,it's so good! So I'm sure I'll like Monte Real.

beyondnyc

Feb 23, 2012
The Olivio family are cool people. I have not been able to find their coffee in the capital. Maybe I have not looked hard enough.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
NOW I know what happened!
About 10 years ago, in Sosua, I had the best Dominican coffee I ever tasted.
I was told it was Monte Alto.
I could never find it in Santo Dominigo.
Over the years I searched,and "Forgot" the name.
Then one day, at Super National" I saw IT!
Bought some, went home and had "Mi Suegra" fire up the "Greca".
It was horrible!
Now I know why!
I bought "Monte Real"not "Monte Alto"
Today my quest is resumed!
"Monte Alto, or DEATH"!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

robbie

Bronze
Aug 3, 2006
I have purchased Monte Real in Polo but its not the same as Monte Alto. I still cant find Monte Alto in Punta Cana:ermm: