Wishing JR Hartley a speedy recovery from shooting

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
I don't know how many of you are aware but JR Hartley was shot at 10 in the morning on Tues February 19th. A masked burglar entered his home, and held him up with a gun. Our intrepid Mr Hartley attacked him and forced him out of the door but was shot in the process, shattering his arm, and then the bullet passed through his side. The robber fled and held up two other foreigners at gunpoint and robbed them on the same morning in the same area. They were not shot to the best of my knowledge.

JR is now out of hospital and recovering at home. I am sure you will all join with me in wishing him a speedy recovery, both physically and mentally.

Matilda

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
SPECIFICALLY, mentally, amirite? ;)

jr, may the force be with you! get better soon!

May 5, 2007
Damm guy, get yourself better. The violence occurring really "hits home" when someone we regularly hear from is involved.

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
Hope you heal quickly, JR..... so sorry that happened to you. What a horrid thing and scary that it can happen like that in broad daylight. Get well soon and thank goodness it wasn't your tennis arm :)

Lothario666

Bronze
Oct 16, 2012
I don't know about that Sky, this guy had a gun and used it. Can't get much scarier than that!

I think what Sky is implying is that without the mask, the robber would be more likely to shoot even if JR had not fought back because he (robber) could be identified.

"R"

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
no mask means: i do not care if you see my face because you will be dead in a minute.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Okay. I guess my thought was that he wore a mask because he thought jr would recognize him.

I didn't realize he went on to rob some other gringos the same day with the same mask.

agw

Feb 14, 2010
Our best wishes for a speedy and full recovery!

Where did this take place? Sorry I don't already know.....

big_a

Feb 28, 2013
www.hector.ca
i'd like to know this poor fellas area as well. i'm so sorry to hear this. time for us to get some bullets and maybe a 2nd gun.

frank12

Gold
Sep 6, 2011
Trust me...you want them wearing a ski mask! The last thing you want is for them to see that you recognize them!

That's almost instant death.

Frank

CoreyH

Mar 5, 2010
Wow! I didn't know that was you! The same guy was at my friend's place the night before, also in La Mulata. Fortunately he decided to leave in a hurry, but he did shoot their dog on the way out. The dog is ok, just some stitches. This guy is looking to end up like those other 2 last year at Christmas.........