Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Shipping Valuable Goods into DR? Vimenpaq? Other Options?

I am new to DR as of January, and I am studying here for a few months in SD. A few weeks ago my iphone broke, and as iphones are insanely more expensive here, I had my mom ship me an iphone from California using USPS express international 3-5 day shipping. Long story short, after 2 weeks I found out that my package arrived without my iphone, which apparently was stolen out of the package somewhere between America and it arriving at the Instituto Postal Santo Domingo (the box never even made it to me). My guess is someone at customs got it because I know my mother wrapped the package and taped it for dear life. We have purchased a replacement phone which we will once again try to ship to me here from California, however I don't know what to do because I am completely afraid my stuff will be stolen again. I am not willing to use USPS again. I was going to use FedEx but I read on another blog that Vimenpaq is the only reliable way to bring valuable merchandise into the country and actually get it to it's destination. Can someone please give me more info about this. Is it truly safe? And how does the process work? I really hope somebody can help me figure this out because I don't have money to keep purchasing iphones. Thank you so much!

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

I use EPS all the time with no problem, I even have my medication sent from the uk via EPS,try them you ill not be disappointed

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

EPS, Encargopaq, TransExpress all Dominican shippers work but you need to set up an account with them.. Fedex and UPS are other options.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ricky11 View Post
    don't know if this will help you but I am in ca. now (palm springs) visiting my sister and if your mother can get the phone to me, I will gladly bring it with me when I return. since I live in the capital, I will fly into las Americas and you would have to meet me there. my return date is approx. the 14th of this month. if you live anywhere else, then I am sorry I will not be able to help you.
    Hi thank you for your offer. However my mother is in the bay area which is about an 8 hour drive away from Palm Springs. I don't think she would be willing to make the trip as it can be quite lengthy and a bit expensive with gas. Thank you very much for you generous offer however. It is greatly appreciated.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by catwoman View Post
    I use EPS all the time with no problem, I even have my medication sent from the uk via EPS,try them you ill not be disappointed
    Have you ever shipped something electronic? Can you please explain to me how it works, because when I went to there sight it was saying that I ship it to Florida? I am a little confused on the process. It seems to be different than the major service groups. If it gets my stuff here that's fine but I would really like to know a little more info to feel secure since I just had such a stroke of bad luck. Thanks.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by windeguy View Post
    EPS, Encargopaq, TransExpress all Dominican shippers work but you need to set up an account with them.. Fedex and UPS are other options.
    Hi, if possible I have the same question for you that I just asked above this post. Thank you.

DR1
    Post Thanks / Like

I am flying to Santo Domingo on March 17th, I'd be happy to bring it to you if your mother mails it to me. I'm in New Jersey.

Administrator
    DR1.com

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Be ready to pay BIG Customs Fees, if it even gets that far.
    Next time you want something sent to the DR, post on DR1 BEFORE, and not AFTER you buy it.
    FedEx is VERY EXPENSIVE!!!
    CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

https://secure2.transexpress.com/vim...utentificacion

I use Vimenpaq for shipping.. you have to set up the account on line. Then they will give you the address that you will use. It works well but will cost you the shipping from Miami. Plus there is a new tax on eveything over $200.

I just wanted to say that I can vouch for Alter Ego.. have met and had dinner with her and her husband. She very sweetly brought me some of my Burt's bees lip gloss. She is married into a deep old family here and is a treasured member of the DR1 family.

if i were you.. i would take her up on her offer.

DR1
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mountainannie View Post

I just wanted to say that I can vouch for Alter Ego.. have met and had dinner with her and her husband. She very sweetly brought me some of my Burt's bees lip gloss. She is married into a deep old family here and is a treasured member of the DR1 family.

if i were you.. i would take her up on her offer.
    Aw shucks Annie, thanks!

Administrator
    DR1.com

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast