Canada Post to Dominican Republic?

truthreveller

Mar 2, 2013
Hi,

I live in Cabarete. I needed a package so I went to the EPS store here. Went two times and both times they told me i didn't need an account to receive a package, even though I had read I needed to signup for one on forums.

So I got a package mailed, but it was by Canada Post, not Fedex or UPS. When I went back 2 weeks later, they told I needed to signup for an account! So I did.

I asked them will my package still make it if it was mailed directly to a DR address, but they couldn't answer me.

Does anyone know if a package can make it to DR by United States Postal Service or Canada Post directly to a DR address?

Thanks.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
I have received a package and at least a half dozen letter deliveried to Jarabacoa from Kamloops British Columbia sent through Canada Post. I also lost one package (never showed up)

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Use a mail/freight forwarder like "EPS".
EPS works like THIS, at least in the USA.
You, someone you know, or "Amazon" and the like, ships the package, or correspondence, to the EPS offices in Miami Florida.
You MUST BE SIGNED UP with EPS.
They assign you a code # which goes on all your packages by the sender.
Then EPS ships it to one of their offices here, closest to where you live, you decide which office.
EPS keeps you advised by several emails, the tracking of your package, until it is ready for pickup. They may deliver, but I live only a few minutes from an office.
If you didn't pre-ship to an EPS address outside the DR, I don't see how EPS has anything to do with your package???
Where is the address on the package directed?
I can only guess that there might be some misunderstanding between you, and EPS.
I would like to hear how this "Saga" ends.
After 25 years here,I'm betting, "No Package"!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

arrugala

Bronze
Nov 7, 2010
Never us us post service or canadian. Postal if u have something important . Your wait and the misdirection can be absolutly futile . Fedex , eps or similar company is thebest way to insure you do get it .Even this can occasionaly deviate . i once ordered 1 800 contacts by ups , and after contacting that it seemed to be taking too long , they shipped it again .2 months later fedex showed up with the origional pkg It had a Swedish address on it , and somehow got shipped back here after finding out incorrect .... Atleast it did make it ... but usually ups , fedex , Ups and many other like this service do get here with no problems ... Regular mail has improved alot , but not worth it for anything you really want

catwoman

Oct 7, 2009
I do not understand why eps told you this!! EPS are a fantastic company, I use them all the time and have no problem, yes obviously you need a membership code, the employee must have been new, but that is no excuse, if I were you I would contact their head office in Santo Domingo and complain, I know they would not be happy with this

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I would second the opinion of those that say to never use the normal mails to send anything to the north coast of the DR since the odds of receiving the package are not good. A service like EPS or Encargopaq is a much better option.

truthreveller

Mar 2, 2013
I had the package shipped to the address they told me:

Cabarete Business Services S.A.
Ocean Dream Plaza, Suite 8108
Cabarete, Dominican Republic