is there a low testosterone cream here in this country?

BigDaddy

Jan 16, 2005
What is the name and what does it cost? Has anyone experience with this particular product?

pauleast

*** I love DR1 ***
Jan 29, 2012
You can get any med. on this island with out a prescription. However you should consult your physician before starting a regimen of testosterone cream/gel. There are complex side effects and only a physician can advise you if the benefits out weigh the risks and side effects.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
in DR you do not need prescription for most of HRT medicines including injections and patches. but they are not quite as common as abroad, i think. i have never seen testosterone cream/gel/ointment here but you can have a go asking in a large pharmacy in SD or santiago. brand names are testim and angrogel. not sure there are any generic versions available.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"Daddy" why would you want to "LOWER" your testosterone???????????????????
And you must not have any understanding of the undesirable , sometimes life threatening side effects!
"Dominicanas" are so HOT-Hot-Hot that they have been known to "Raise The Dead!"
Give 2 or 3, or MORE a TRY!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
"Jab and "SQUIRT"........................I Do THAT!

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Re - read CCCCC..... the Op wants a low level "Supplement" to his testosterone..... a boost, albeit small.

To held with the jab and squirt.......

You may have some to spare...... I'd like to watch as you transfer some to him.....:chinese:

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"Canuks" often are quite "Kinky", "Cabin Fever" does that!
Just wait till "Spring" and they will get "Oat & A Boat" more.
"Spring", when "Canuks" are "Horney", and the Moose are scared!
ps., Bill, it was yet another futile attempt by me to make a "Funny",failed attempt I guess!
His prose can be read as "I want some testosterone "Lowering" cream".
But I guess only "I" appreciate my "Witt"?????

acmike

Jan 11, 2005
Testosterone replacement creams or other types of products raise your T but there are many things to consider. After a few weeks your body shuts down it's natural production of T and your nuts start to ache as they are shrinking, sometimes to the size of peanuts. Once that happens you need drugs to stimulate natural production again if you decide to go off the Test replacement. You need to do some research on what you are getting yourself into. At first you should try to boost your T naturally.
What is the name and what does it cost? Has anyone experience with this particular product?

JohnnyBoy

Bronze
Jun 17, 2012
Go to a gym and do squats twice a week. That will raise your T. Those cremes are for guys in their fifties and sixties.

May 29, 2006
Those creams are weird. It can spread to your GF just from her touching you and you have to be careful about getting it on your hands and even on the sink in your bathroom. Some episode on HOUSE about that, but it does happen in real life. Better to look into hormone precursors that lets your body make it more easily without the shrinking testicle thing. Also some talk out there about Zinc(?) and other micronutrients that are important for "male health." Plenty of crap out there, but hard to know if any of it really works.

In general, it's a bad idea to play your doctor with meds...

vida

Mar 18, 2010
i have the same question as the op. Moreover, does anyone have experience with a doctor that does hormone repacement therapy in older males? The key word is experience.

acmike

Jan 11, 2005
Many doctors are uninformed about T Replacement. Steroids.com is a message board and has a whole section with info about T replacement.

acmike

Jan 11, 2005
You can try to boost testosteron levels through your diet and lifestyle, try the following things:
- lower bodyfat (11-12% max)
- eat more dietary fat, at least 35% of your calories (I would opt for 40-50%)
- Saturated fat is the strongest testosteron booster. Monounsaturated fat boosts it as well, and polyunsaturated fat lowers it (omega 6, I thought). I would suggest a 50-40-10 ratio among your fats, or something like that.
- lower fiber intake (< 30 g), excessive fiber intake lowers testosteron
- supplement with vitamin D (5000 IU p/d) if you are not getting enough sunlight
- sleep at least 8 hours every night
- make sure you get adequate zinc and magnesium intakes

Basing your diet on whole milk, eggs and fatty meats goes a long way.

And keep lifting heavy of course.

pyratt

Bronze
Jan 14, 2007
The man is retired, so preumably he is with us in his sixties.
Der Fish

60's means nothing. I'm 56 and I teach an intense 3.5 mile boot camp every morning including P90X exercises.

Zinc, Magnesium, DHEA are all good over the counter remedies.

I also use IGF-1 or deer antler extract. The stuff works! Ask VJ Singh, Tiger, Ray Lewis, Diego Sanchez and a host of other sports figures. It's natural, over the counter and been studied to not have any side effects. In fact, insulin users have been proven to reduce the need for insulin using IGF-1.

Take your supplements at night before bedtime which is when your body historically produces all it's growth hormones.

Clean up your diet, loose the gut (over 38" waist is a death knell for your d!ck), get off the booze and increase your cardio. Cardio gives you better blood flow and endurance.

I'm a big proponent of natural health but would definitely like to "supplement" my test levels. I tried the patches for 90 days -- amazing results with mood, skin, hair, nails, sleep etc -- but they were cost prohibitive in the USA at $300 per month.

I'd bet the creams work just as well.

There's side effects to everything, but the way I see it, at this stage of the game, no risk = no reward.

One thing's certain, if you're sitting on your arse drinking Presidentes and Brugal most of the day looking at beauty, you'll not have the energy or juice to chase it.