Carnaval - Santo Domingo

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
Today, March 3, is Carnaval in Santo Domingo.

dqm1pc.jpg

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
I was just walking thru the area. The parade begins between 3 and 4 pm.

I walked thru the area early this morning and was surprised to not see any Presidente booths or advertisements. There is a lot of representation by Brahma, KR Kola, Coca-Cola, and Orange. Where is Presidente this year as they are usually the major player.

2q19isy.jpg

16aa1pi.jpg

1jsort.jpg

90aydf.jpg

11tlpas.jpg

34ypgzm.jpg

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
well perhaps they are AMBEV or Dominios pizza or have been bought by an evangelical corp like Coors and will avoid carnival and all its satan connotations

MillerCoors is not interested in taking out AB INBEV.
Has Satan gotten the keys to your new flat or did the meds misfire?

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
Carnaval will be going full speed ahead soon. For those who are worried about safety I would say that is the last thing you need to worry about. Every Carnaval I have attended I have never seen or heard of any violence. You may see one or two who had a Brugal or two too many but that's about it.

The PN are out in full force along with Amet, and who know who else.

1q3ayr.jpg

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
I thought that "Carnaval" was over now?????????
Time for "LENT", Sacrifice, not Parties.
Maybe that's why everything was so quiet for your "Carnaval", you were the only one celebrating!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
I thought that "Carnaval" was over now?????????
Time for "LENT", Sacrifice, not Parties.
Maybe that's why everything was so quiet for your "Carnaval", you were the only one celebrating!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

You may be right, seems no one was interested in Carnaval this year at all................. You go to one or two Carnavals and they become the same old thing but still nice to see the excitement and quite different from the usual quiet Sunday afternoon in Gazcue Santo Domingo.