window bars

big_a

Feb 28, 2013
www.hector.ca
does anyone know someone who builds them? we need them for windows and doors. we're in gaspar hernandez/lascanas.

any help would be greatly appreciated!! we look forward to sleeping with the windows open. :)

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
Oddly enough I was going to post a third party reference for the 'metal man' that's just made me a new set of main gates for my house. He is honest and reliable and charges a fair price and he assures me he will travel to get more work. He lives in the village nearby to me which is Pata de Gallina (about 4km from Sabaneta). His nickname is Boro but his business card says Alcenio Martinez. He will do an excellent basic job I know but just depends what you are looking for really. He is not an English speaker but is willing and able. PM me for more details or will post on this thread if others are interested too.

Lothario666

Bronze
Oct 16, 2012
does anyone know someone who builds them? we need them for windows and doors. we're in gaspar hernandez/lascanas.

any help would be greatly appreciated!! we look forward to sleeping with the windows open. :)

A word of advice:

The ladrone will use long sticks to reach items inside the house and pull them over to the window to rob.

"R"

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
A word of advice:

The ladrone will use long sticks to reach items inside the house and pull them over to the window to rob.

"R"

Yep, and that's not new. Almost 40 years ago Mr. AE caught a guy in SD with a long stick trying to steal a jacket off his bed.

Last week our nephew, a popular DJ in DR, had his Macbook Pro stolen through a window with bars. Also in SD. Lost all music that wasn't backed up.

big_a

Feb 28, 2013
www.hector.ca
Yep, and that's not new. Almost 40 years ago Mr. AE caught a guy in SD with a long stick trying to steal a jacket off his bed.

Last week our nephew, a popular DJ in DR, had his Macbook Pro stolen through a window with bars. Also in SD. Lost all music that wasn't backed up.

i would never leave anything near a window, bars or glass. already learned that from vancouver ;)

really sucks about his macbook pro. really sucks. yeah ... we just want a little more deterrent. everything we can do ...

Lothario666

Bronze
Oct 16, 2012
i would never leave anything near a window, bars or glass. already learned that from vancouver ;)

really sucks about his macbook pro. really sucks. yeah ... we just want a little more deterrent. everything we can do ...

The point that was being made is that it does not have to be near a window, but anywhere in the room where they can and will use a LONG pole to bring it over to the window.

"R"

big_a

Feb 28, 2013
www.hector.ca
i think what i should have been specific about, is we put our important items inside things that can't be opened with a stick. we're very careful. but thank you for being specific.

the window that will be open will be very small, on the 2nd floor, with 5 dogs and we're both light sleepers.

we just want to sleep with the window open is all.

arrugala

Bronze
Nov 7, 2010
Yes but placing very thorny bushes on main floor window openings if barred and open ovcasionally reduce the pole action theft too !