Red Lobster, Olive Garden, and Longhorn Steakhouse in the DR

Which of the new restaurant chains will you most likely visit? (Multiple Choice Poll)

• Total voters

Koreano

Bronze
Jan 18, 2012
I am not a great fan of franchise steak houses. Give me a small restaurant that serve perfect porterhouse steaks every single time. Just let me eat Luger's every other weekends in DR and I'll be happy to turn my citizenship in and happily die as a Dominican.

charlie&ziggy

Mar 1, 2009
Being from Canada and seeing them almost everywhere ( and mediocre at best ) I would stay with the dominican places and enjoy. But If I didn't get that opportunity I would try all of them. Pasta is always great as is a GOOD well cooked steak, Lobster if it was a good Atlantic coast Maritime, Maine. But that's just me.

bronzeallspice

Live everyday like it's your last
Mar 26, 2012
What I like to order at Red Lobster is shrimp scampi,shrimp linguini alfredo and crab legs!

My favorite at the Olive Garden is chicken and shrimp carbonara.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
There was a Red Lobster on Avenida Lincoln in SD a few years ago - didn't last long.

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
None of the above.

But anyone going to Red Lobster please bring me some Cheddar Bay Biscuits!

And actually, now that I think about it...if Longhorn ships over decent (obviously not Prime) USDA steaks, and the prices are reasonable, I would definitely try it.

Castle

Silver
Sep 1, 2012
There was a Red Lobster on Avenida Lincoln in SD a few years ago - didn't last long.

I think it was a Red Lobster wannabe called "King Lobster". It started out in Megacentro and a few months later moved to Av Abraham Lincoln, with no luck at either place. Now La Barrica owns the place with much better luck.

rice&beans

Silver
May 16, 2010
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
None. They are not worth eating at.

Ya,

Ok Frank......

Last edited:

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
The problem with these chains over here is 1- Is the quality as good as in the US? and 2- The price is ALWAYS more than in the US.