super swimming classes in POP

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
so, for the last two weeks i have been watching friend's daughter taking swimming classes here in costambar. just wanted to write a bit about this...

the teacher is polish, i met the guy but i do not really know him all that well. he graduated from sports academy in poland that prepares PE teachers, coaches and trainers of different sports. so he is well prepared not only when it comes to theory and practice of different sport disciplines but also knowledge of anatomy, CPR, sports injuries and so on.

the classes i am watching are with kids, about 3 years old? but he also teaches adults and any children, starting at 6 months. the whole event is super cool and kids really love him. he makes it all feel like fun and he utilizes lots of toys. sometimes to encourage kids and sometimes to cheat them a bit and make them do things :)

i learnt how to swim when i was an adult, 29 years old. and damn, i am so jealous the kids are learning so early! they get to do so many things and it seems so effortless to them... he teaches them how to put the face into the water, keep the eyes opened under water, how to breath, how to move. no actual swimming as of yet but the kids seem to enjoy every minute of it and they get to really like water.

plus, i think i need to steal from them this little blue floating tiburon. it's so cute!

disclaimer: i have nothing to do with the company, i am not being paid for this, the dude i am writing about does not even know about this thread. you can check him out at: Swimming lessons Individual, double or groups lessons in Puerto Plata, Sosua, Cabarete for children and aduls. Learn how to swim. - activeCARIBE.com Swiming and Kite Surfing Shool in Cabarete Dominicana

i cannot wait for my sister in law to give birth (in october, darn) so i can kidnap her baby and sign it up for the classes. and once i make some cash i am thinking of signing up too. i would like to swim better. but damn spielberg spooked me with the jaws and i am scared of water forever :(

bronzeallspice

Live everyday like it's your last
Mar 26, 2012
Aww Dv8, you are going to be a great auntie! Just wait until your sister in law gives
birth you are going to smother the baby with love.;)

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
Aww Dv8, you are going to be a great auntie! Just wait until your sister in law gives
birth you are going to smother the baby with love.;)

dunno about that. but i am already looking at what children books to buy it. yeah, yeah, it's gonna be years before it even understands the plot but there is nothing stopping me from buying books now, right?

My little brother didn't take a bath for 6 months after he saw Jaws, true story. He did take a shower though. :)

i saw jaws about 30 years ago. hardly had any baths since. i just can't. and i sometimes spook myself when i am in the pool. imagining the shark there. it's enough i close my eyes and... i have to get out :)

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
The great thing about being an aunt or an uncle in the DR is that it's as if the kids were your very own.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
The great thing about being an aunt or an uncle in the DR is that it's as if the kids were your very own.
mmmmm.... no, thanks :) and i am pretty sure that kid will be closely guarded from my influence :laugh:

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
mmmmm.... no, thanks :) and i am pretty sure that kid will be closely guarded from my influence :laugh:

Sorry to break it to you but the B***** family likes you by all accounts, at least from what I've heard from your husband's primo hermano. :)

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
no problemo.

i already expressed my desires to indoctrinate this poor soul. indoctrination through education! :) :) :)
but it will be the first grandchild. this is going to be big!

la_barbie

Bronze
May 6, 2004
I only swim in the pool... not on the beaches... ill put my feet in... I'm scared to death of fishes... minnows, whales, sharks - I'm convinced they're all out to eat me. (Perves) ;)