Dominican Rock / Metal Bands

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
There was a thread a while back about the Dominican "rock scene", focused on hard rock and metal bands I think. I went back a year or so through search and didn't find it.

Anyone here have any contacts in the DR Rock scene, especially bands or managers located in Santiago or the North Coast? I'm looking for a Dominican band to perform at an upcoming concert in Cabarete.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
There was a thread a while back about the Dominican "rock scene", focused on hard rock and metal bands I think. I went back a year or so through search and didn't find it.

Anyone here have any contacts in the DR Rock scene, especially bands or managers located in Santiago or the North Coast? I'm looking for a Dominican band to perform at an upcoming concert in Cabarete.
I do, a partner is a lawyer/agent for rock bands in the DR.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
[video=youtube;cwwJkaT2PHM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwwJkaT2PHM[/video]

Perhaps Living Colour's most famous song. A style somewhat reminiscent of Black Sabbath mixed with Lenny Kravitz

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
Yep...that's them!! Living Colour's Bassist Doug Wimbish has been an avid supporter of The DREAM Project for several years, 2 years ago performing on the beach and conducting workshops with Blues Guitarist Eric Gales, and last year with Eric Gales, Ms. Lauryn Hill, and a few other guests. This year Living Colour will be making a stop in Cabarete during their World Tour to do workshops at DREAM and perform for WIMBASH>>Cabarete 2013.

I'm looking for a Dominican Hard Rock band (or possibly bands) as supporting acts.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Yep...that's them!! Living Colour's Bassist Doug Wimbish has been an avid supporter of The DREAM Project for several years, 2 years ago performing on the beach and conducting workshops with Blues Guitarist Eric Gales, and last year with Eric Gales, Ms. Lauryn Hill, and a few other guests. This year Living Colour will be making a stop in Cabarete during their World Tour to do workshops at DREAM and perform for WIMBASH>>Cabarete 2013.

I'm looking for a Dominican Hard Rock band (or possibly bands) as supporting acts.

Does the band you are looking for have to be Dominican or just in the DR?

Steven W

Mar 5, 2013
Hello DaveZ,
I haven't heard Living Colour in a while.. Just listened to a few hits on youtube to remind me how good and unique they are.
Glad they got back together.

I know of a few bands in the DR.
A lot depends on what you really want.
Dominican or can it be expats?
Originals and/or covers?
hard rock/or classic type.. not that many hard rock bands around?

I may just know the type of band you would like.
PM me

Steven W

Mar 5, 2013
As of now, I'm only looking for Dominican bands, but there may be room on the bill for others. Last year we had a "local" band from Canada, Culture Shock, open the show.

Ahh yes.
I was Joey's drummer for 2 of his former bands before he started the family project, Culture Shock.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Please let Steven W or me (we are in the same local band) know if you will consider non-Dominican bands.

cndeh

Jul 23, 2012
I used to have a bar in Santiago that had live rock bands every weekend. I had to shut it down because of the noise police. If you are looking for a rock band that plays covers in Spanish and English I pretty much have every number of every band in the Santiago area.

Hit me up with a PM is I can help ya.

L8r,