Ready made empanada dough?

Chennifer

Oct 18, 2008
Moves to the D.R this summer
Ok, so I'm not sure I'm posting this in the right forum, but I think I've seen others asking about food here.

We love making empanadas, but ever since I saw ready made empanada dough in Argentina I've wished we had them here in Sweden. They come in packs of 12 or 24 cut out circles, and I was wondering if they are common and/or available in the DR. If they are, where can I get them in Santo Domingo?

Saludos
//Chennifer

NotLurking

Bronze
Jul 21, 2003
Sto Dgo Este
Ok, so I'm not sure I'm posting this in the right forum, but I think I've seen others asking about food here.

We love making empanadas, but ever since I saw ready made empanada dough in Argentina I've wished we had them here in Sweden. They come in packs of 12 or 24 cut out circles, and I was wondering if they are common and/or available in the DR. If they are, where can I get them in Santo Domingo?

Saludos
//Chennifer

You can get them in most major supermarkets in SD. I buy empanada disks at La Sirena's Super Pola, Jumbo and Bravo. Recently La Sirena's Super Pola has started carrying I brand I don't quite like. The brand I find the best is 'Sussi Ratura' printed on the package you'll see 'Disco de Harina de trigo'. My kids just love them filled with cheese, chicken or ground beef either baked or fried. They tend to enjoy the fried cheese filled variety.

NotLurking

Chennifer

Oct 18, 2008
Thank you, NotLurking!

That's what I love about empanadas, you can fill them with almost anything. But we rarely make them anymore since we don't feel like making the dough! Ok, that's what I was hoping for, I know we have Jumbo and La Sirena close to where we will live.

Gracias again

//Chennifer

Mamajava

Oct 19, 2012
NotLurking.....

Would these disks be keep in the freezer? I can't seem to find them at Super Pola? It would be so much easier than making my own dough. Thanks

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
Emmpannaddaaasss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!! When and where?

LTSTeve

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
yes, you keep them in the freezer. and i think they are in a frozen section to start with...

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
here in POP i used to get them from jose luis. they are in very small, transparent plastic packages. in the standing freezer next to the meat section.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
here in POP i used to get them from jose luis. they are in very small, transparent plastic packages. in the standing freezer next to the meat section.

thanks. i will take a trip there one fine day. i want to make some empanadas, but i am just too lazy to roll dough.

bronzeallspice

Live everyday like it's your last
Mar 26, 2012
Empanada dough are also good to make fruit pies.Just fill them with your favorite
fruit filling,blueberry,peach or apple pie.Fry or bake them,let them cool and sprinkle
with powdered sugar.A quick treat that I used to make for my children as a snack
before bedtime.

Chennifer

Oct 18, 2008
bronzeallspice, I love making dessert empanadas! When I was younger mi abuela used to make empanadas with cheese and sugar - delicious! I'm doing happy dance now that I knw I'll be able to make them without the hassle of actually making the masa!

bronzeallspice

Live everyday like it's your last
Mar 26, 2012
Yes, you will love them! They are so good and the dough stays crispy when fried,not soggy.

NotLurking

Bronze
Jul 21, 2003
Sto Dgo Este
Since a picture is worth more than 1000 words, here is what your looking for in the frozen food section of you favorite supermarket.

nbvtxf.jpg

NotLurking